Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Poller

No Ils Frequencies And Autoland

Hi guys,

before the sp1 and -300ER, When i choose and ILS RW approach on the FMC it automatically placed the ILS frequency. Now, even if i choose ILS RW it still set it like visual approach RW....

Cant even see the ILS frequency on the approach ref page....

Assistance please...

thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Jonathan Poller

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus6.png qw787_banner.png

Now, even if i choose ILS RW it still set it like visual approach RW....

Cant even see the ILS frequency on the approach ref page....

Hi, Jonathan,

Are you seeing the correct frequency and heading on the FMC Nav/Rad page?   Are you seeing localizer and glideslope indications on the ND in Approach mode?  Which runway at which airport is involved?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi mike
The answer to all tour questions is yes.
I tried in several rws:
ILS22 LCLK
ILS21 LLBG
ILS25R KLAX

Hi, Jonathan,

In looking at the FMC in a working ILS approach setup (to KSFO runway 28R), there is no display of the ILS frequency on the Approach Ref page of the CDU, just the name and length of the runway.  The Ident for that runway's ILS is showing on the upper left of the PFD, and, in Approach Mode, on the upper right of the ND. 

So, a few questions:

1) Are you above or below the glideslope when it becomes active (if the glideslope dot on the ND is below the center then you are above the glideslope).  If you are above it, you may not capture it.

2) Are "loc" and "GS" showing as armed (white) or active (green) at the top of the PFD? 

3)  If the above two are not problems, then you need to make sure that the frequencies and courses for the runways showing up on the Nav/Rad page are the same as what is actually in Flight Simulator.  FSX is quite old and some runway numbers, frequencies and courses have changed.  The PMDG navigation database has much more recent information.

Please let me know what you find.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your responses.

1 and 2 are ok.
The LOC and GS sometimes captures but during final at some point it will state NO AUTOLAND. Mostly I anyway make a manual landing but still....
And btw - works perfectly on airbus x ngx and leveld

Jonathan Poller

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus6.png qw787_banner.png

during final at some point it will state NO AUTOLAND.

Hi, Jonathan,

There are some specific parameters necessary to have an autoland -- at least flaps 15 and some reasonable speed (< 180?) by 1500 ft AGL.  They are in the FCOM somewhere.   I often get NO AUTOLAND if I'm too fast.  The other three aircraft you mention slow down more quickly -- it took me awhile to get used to slowing down the PMDG T7 sooner than with other aircraft. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2