Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Radar Contact Dp No Alt Rest.

Leaving radar freq for wx report - is that dest report ?

If you are close enough, yes.

It would be great to have RC weather report at like 100 nm or something just prior to descend!

Because in RW pilots have already squared away there RWY and STAR in the FMC and conducted the app brief.

But it seems like in RC you have to do it at 50nm and then your work load goes out the roof lol

You shouldn't be doing all that while approaching the terminal area.

Where is this pinned topic about ASN and RC

Vernon Howells

I have a question,

I'm using a SID with a DP, No Alt Rest. ATC clears me to alt 5000 now my SID has an alt rest. of 6000! Can i climb above 5000 to my SID alt and then hold till 30nm when ATC takes over?

Vernon Howells

From the manual:

"No Altitude Restr
Clearance Delivery will assign an initial altitude, and Departure will keep you climbing. However, some published DPs include altitude restrictions. They may be AOA (at or above), AT, or AOB (at or below) altitude instructions. If you see your DP might cause you to remain level at an altitude for some period or until a certain DME, this is the DP feature to use. Use this checkbox if you do not want the RC controller pestering you for not maintaining a continuous rate of climb to your assigned altitude. There will be no lateral “watch-dogging”, there will be no vertical “watch-dogging” from RC until you are at or beyond 30 miles from the departure field."

To go above though at 30 nm out you may have to use the NOTAMS feature so RC remains advisory until you declare on-course. Not sure.

Yeh thats fine but what i'm saying is, is it fine to climb above ATC initial clearance 5000 to my SID alt 6000?

I have to say this is the one for me i have had 8 flights all perfect. Very good product, never goes wrong!

I have another question or query lol when i setup my STAR ATC has me turning off my STAR route and when i do come to selecting VIS app i'm way off my STAR slightly to continue it, so i just opt for vectors.

Is this normal by the way what else can i do to get around that?

Vernon Howells

Without NOTAMS I'm not sure. 5,000 was the initial altitude and by your 6,000 crossing waypoint RC might have delivered a higher clearance to get there by that time.

Do you have a link to that SID? I'd like to see it.

It looks like in this case GOSSAM might be on the edge of the 30 nm radius of the RC departure zone with the crossing at 6000 feet.

The default RC altitude variation is 200 feet so that will not cover it. I'd turn on NOTAMS if you wish to fly the SID as published so you can climb to 6000 in time.

You also are choosing the Without alt. restr. option but which is OK but I am not sure if that allows you to climb above the initial altitude assignment. Do a short trip and try it without NOTAMS. I would use NOTAMS, though, because of the tight turns required and you may need a little relaxing of the departure horizontal limitation of 2 miles to get waypoint credit in RC.

Sorry I can't answer directly.

By the time you use the can't comply response and get acknowledged it might make it more complex so if necessary I would opt for NOTAMS.

Try it without NOTAMS going above the initial altitude of 5000 to make 6,000 by GOSSAM and let us know if RC complains.

Thanks.

Hi ronzie RC isn't complaining to me. its just i'm not sure if i should climb above 5000 to my SID ALT 6000

Vernon Howells