Sign in to follow this  
Hageneezz

Wilcopub Embraer Fms Discontinuity

Good day all,

I have a question about the Wilcopub Embraer 170, which i am using very much lately..Sometimes when i am doing the approach, FS9 does a CTD..looking at the logbooks i see the fault lies withing the EJet.gau gauge..Is there someone who has experienced this and has a fix for this?..It seems this happens more when there is a 'discontinuity' message displayed on the FMS..What does this mean?

Thanks in advance..

The disco means that the path between two waypoints is not defined - you must clear it to create the path.  Normal behavior when a disco is encountered is for the aircraft to continue it's current path and altitude until the disco is cleared.  Have no idea why it's CTDing but get rid of the disco and see what happens.  Also look at the event log and see what the actual error code was.

DJ

The disco means that the path between two waypoints is not defined - you must clear it to create the path.  Normal behavior when a disco is encountered is for the aircraft to continue it's current path and altitude until the disco is cleared.  Have no idea why it's CTDing but get rid of the disco and see what happens.  Also look at the event log and see what the actual error code was.

DJ

Can you tell me how to get rid of the disco??

Click delete and then click to the button to the left of it.

I've had CTDs with the WIlco 737 Evo when both the gauge and FMS are up at the same time during descent. I stopped clicking the gauge when the FMC is active and it doesn't happen. I haven't had that problem with the e-jets, though.

You can remove discos a couple of ways but the simplest is to press the DEL key and then the LSK next to the disco line...  you  should carefully go through the FMS section of the manual as well.

DJ