Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

This Is Kyle And Other Pmdg Users Chatting

The thing that always gets me about stuff like this is that the captain is now somewhat of an unfortunate "celebrity" in the industry now.

In the opposite sense, there was Boston John ("MOCHA HaGoTDI" guy), and the poor JFK Ground controller (famous for somehow not coming completely (though close to) unhinged an a certain Air China 981.  It's amazing what sites like LiveATC can add to the industry.  I definitely see a learning experience for anyone who listens to this...particularly Captain Happy...

Kyle Rodgers

Human factors amongst other things need be considered before passing judgement. A fair few questions need answering... Look forward to hearing the outcome.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

As far as I am concerned, beside Captain's attitude ofcourse I think ATC guy was a little bit of an A-s-s as well.

Like when the captain said he was going to mike, he replied "Oh but you said you were going to Lima" - this is like pointing out a mistake to someone despite him already made the correction and is very painful in professional environment.

If ATC wanted more assurance he could have asked like saying "Delta XYZ please confirm going to Mike" .

Everybody makes mistakes so does that particular captain but reminding someone again and again of their mistake, despite the mistake being corrected is highly unprofessional.

That was real world pilot/ATC interaction?? I thought I was listening to VATSIM or summat. That pilot just jumped on the controller from literally nowhere :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As far as I am concerned, beside Captain's attitude ofcourse I think ATC guy was a little bit of an A-s-s as well.

Like when the captain said he was going to mike, he replied "Oh but you said you were going to Lima" - this is like pointing out a mistake to someone despite him already made the correction and is very painful in professional environment.

The mark of a *good* professional pilot is a bit of humility. The controller may have been vague but he certainly wasn't an "@$$".  Not in the least.  As a matter of fact, it is indeed his job to point out incorrect taxi routes -- he's a ground controller after all!  It's nice to see he had the wherewithal to catch the possible deviation from instruction before it occurred.  I would have thanked him, as a matter of fact.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I was more concerned when the captain said he makes 100's of mistakes a minute??? 

I hope i never have the 'pleasure' of flying with "captain happy"

Ian R Tyldesley

The mark of a *good* professional pilot is a bit of humility. The controller may have been vague but he certainly wasn't an "@$$".  Not in the least.  As a matter of fact, it is indeed his job to point out incorrect taxi routes -- he's a ground controller after all!  It's nice to see he had the wherewithal to catch the possible deviation from instruction before it occurred.  I would have thanked him, as a matter of fact.

Agreed - well stated!

Kyle Rodgers

Praise should also go to the controller for remaining calm, and not being drawn into an immature and highly unprofessional exchange. By doing so he made the other guy look even more ridiculous.

I think the best part was the controller canning himself after the anon pilot called the nutjob captain happy. Its always cool when a guy can laugh in a less than savory situation.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I wonder if in the real world, is the pilot/controller relationship similar to doctor/nurse - as in never challenge the doctor?

Mario Di Lauro

I wonder if in the real world, is the pilot/controller relationship similar to doctor/nurse - as in never challenge the doctor?

Essentially yes, but:

Pilots and controllers still haven't been able to agree on who's the doctor and who's the nurse ...   :ph34r:

Whilst I understand what you are saying, we really don't want to have a system where one is too scared to challenge the other. That has been the cause of quite a few accidents in the past.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What an utter clown that captain is!

Unfortunately I've seen hundreds of them in my time and ended up reporting a few, for some reason that fourth ring seems to give them the opinion that they are above everyone else.

They nearly always loose the argument against an engineer though lol

I hope he was reported

Pete Little