I am buying parts for my i7 4790k system today and was wondering should I go for the 2gb or 4gb GTX770?

I will be running one 40" Samsung led 1080p tv and possibly a 20" dell lcd monitor for gauges. I may run the second monitor off another computer but can I run it on the 2gb card with the tv?

Right now Newegg has a deal that ends today and I can get a EVGA ACX 2gb GTX770 for $299. Thanks

Just get the 4GB its more future proof. And if you plan on using p3d V2 you'll need the 4GB sometimes V2 uses 3 GB of vram

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Is it going to make a difference in performance with just FSX on the screen/screens I mentioned? I supposed there's a chance I might do a 2 or 3 monitor setup in the future anyways.

Is it going to make a difference in performance with just FSX on the screen/screens I mentioned? I supposed there's a chance I might do a 2 or 3 monitor setup in the future anyways.

Get the 4gb its worth the extra money you'll either have to spend it now or later lol and yes 4GB will help with a multi monitor set up. If you can afford it Get the GTX780 6GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487040 its only $189 more than I paid for my GTX 770 and the 780 has a much better GPU the 6GB will help too

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Get the 4gb its worth the extra money you'll either have to spend it now or later lol and yes 4GB will help with a multi monitor set up. If you can afford it Get the GTX780 6GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487040 its only $189 more than I paid for my GTX 770 and the 780 has a much better GPU the 6GB will help too

Shame they don't ship to the UK as that is far cheaper than over here for a card with less specs

Well, we will see just how well a 2GB GTX 770 handles FSX/P3D when my new PC arrives next week. Having said that, I only run at 1280x1024 resolution on a single 19" monitor, so I will not exactly be stressing it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, we will see just how well a 2GB GTX 770 handles FSX/P3D when my new PC arrives next week. Having said that, I only run at 1280x1024 resolution on a single 19" monitor, so I will not exactly be stressing it.

Let me know how it works out. I ordered the 2gb GTX770 due to budget limitations. If I don't get good results I will upgrade it later.

I know for a fact that it would run FSX (assuming that I decide to reinstall this) with ease, since I was previously using a 1GB GeForce GTX 560Ti with maximum detail settings, decent levels of AA and AF, and complex scenery addons. P3D will almost certainly be more of a challenge, but I still reckon that it will be fine if I don't get stupidly over ambitious with LOD radius and shadows.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png