Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jezz

ATC Sound

Guest Jezz

The sound of the ATC [Air Traffic Control] no longer works in my FS 2004, and the choice of Pilot voices has gone from the Settings - ATC box.The ATC sound is turned on in the Settings - Sound box and all other sounds are working as normal.Also the ATC text does not show even thought the box is ticked in the Settings window and so I don't know what runway is being cleared for taxiing and landing. The Air Traffic Control window display options are still available on the screen display...Request Taxi to Gates..etcDoes anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this problem without a complete reinstall?

Funny but this just happened to me too! Anyone have any ideas or help to reccomend?

Okay I found it for those poor souls this happens to: do not panic and re-install, first try this:Assure the following files reside in the /sounds folder of your FS install:USEnglishASOS.gvpUSEnglishBig.gvpUSEnglishSmall.gvpIf one or more is missing, copy/paste them from DISK 2 of your FS2004 CD set...Hope this helps

USEnglishBig.gvpUSEnglishSmall.gvp..........Actually, I don't think you need "small", if you have big...I believe the voices in "small"are also included in "big". Actually, you willhave duping , and other weird problems if you run both of them at the same time...I tried it once just to see...:/ MK