Sign in to follow this  
jeff20

Approach Problem

hi everyone

can any simmers out there possibly help me with a problem with my 777 with sp1

i plan my flight pfpx

set everything up in fmc datalink working great configure take off and landings with topcat

set autoland ils approach on runway

when close to airport 20 miles or so LOC armed everything ok

click on APP when about 10 miles or so from runway  about 1 time in 5 or 6 attempts lands perfect

but more often than not engines spool up and i cant bring 777 down just flies over runway and climbs

read tutorials tried different airports different distances even bringing down with vs manually nothing works

can anybody tell where i am going wrong

pulling whats left of my hair out

thanks

jeff storey

jeff storey

more often than not engines spool up and i cant bring 777 down just flies over runway

I have experienced this sometime and believe it's b/c some airports ILS capture GS before 7 NM, but my aircraft did not descend to the assign altitude in time.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards, Harry

Harry Sung

Thanks Harry for reply

I usually use vertical decent manually to get down to approach level then

When I press app button it usually starts to climb and manual vertical descent then does nothing

Thanks Harry for reply

I usually use vertical decent manually to get down to approach level then

When I press app button it usually starts to climb and manual vertical descent then does nothing

Are you sure you don't press the TOGA button?

Are you sure you don't press the TOGA button?

No I don't touch toga but thanks for reply

Jeff

No mate don't touch toga

But thanks for asking

Jeff

jeff storey

Check your throttle override settings in the FMC. Do you have them in Hold mode, if so make sure you pull the throttle controls back otherwise the engines will spool up and you won't land. Try setting it to off and then give it another try.

yes I would say either a throttle override setting in the FMC or the AP is not engaged, lol.

Does your PFD show

IDLE......ROLLOUT.......FLARE

during the landing flare?

Rob Robson

Check your throttle override settings in the FMC. Do you have them in Hold mode, if so make sure you pull the throttle controls back otherwise the engines will spool up and you won't land.

yes I would say either a throttle override setting in the FMC

This would be my bet.

Kyle Rodgers

Check your throttle override settings in the FMC. Do you have them in Hold mode, if so make sure you pull the throttle controls back otherwise the engines will spool up and you won't land. Try setting it to off and then give it another try.

I'm pretty sure the 777 in APP mode with LOC and G/S captured does not go in HOLD mode. So you must've done something wrong during the approach. Can you confirm this happens when in APP mode? 

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

I will try that voodoo101

Thanks for reply

I'm pretty sure the 777 in APP mode with LOC and G/S captured does not go in HOLD mode. So you must've done something wrong during the approach. Can you confirm this happens when in APP mode?

Yes it seems to be a problem after pressing app

With Loc captured

yes I would say either a throttle override setting in the FMC or the AP is not engaged, lol.

Does your PFD show

Does your PFD show

No the PDF does not show flare or roll out

This would be my bet.

Thanks scandinavian13 for reply will check fmc settings

jeff storey

Yes it seems to be a problem after pressing app
With Loc captured

But is the G/S captured? If you're on LOC but still descending on f.i. V/S or FL CH, you still can get the autothrottle go into HOLD mode with G/S armed.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

No the PDF does not show flare or roll out

Ok then that is your problem.

without those indication an autoland will not take place.

You are either not flying with the AP engaged or you are not in APP mode (loc and GS captured) but in something like loc + vs.

look at page 4-20-15 of PMDG777-FCOMv2.PDF for a picture of what you should see on the PFD once below 1500ft!

Rob Robson

I usually use vertical decent manually to get down to approach level

+1  I gradually slow the aircraft on descent and sometimes have to do a small loop near the G/S to get to the approach altitude.

Harry Sung

Ok then that is your problem.

without those indication an autoland will not take place.

You are either not flying with the AP engaged or you are not in APP mode (loc and GS captured) but in something like loc + vs.

look at page 4-20-15 of PMDG777-FCOMv2.PDF for a picture of what you should see on the PFD once below 1500ft!

thanks for this  AP engaged APP engaged but does not capture tried various settings in fmc

jeff storey

thanks for this  AP engaged APP engaged but does not capture tried various settings in fmc

I do not think there are any settings for this in the FMC.

Autoland works regardless of FMC settings (or is supposed to work).

I am still betting you are doing something wrong.

So AP is green?

GS is green?

Loc is green?

have you tried at other airports?

And can you post a picture while on the ILS? (dont ask me how....I have yet to succeed in posting pics on AVSIM).

Rob Robson

I do not think there are any settings for this in the FMC.

Autoland works regardless of FMC settings (or is supposed to work).

I am still betting you are doing something wrong.

So AP is green?

GS is green?

Loc is green?

have you tried at other airports?

And can you post a picture while on the ILS? (dont ask me how....I have yet to succeed in posting pics on AVSIM).

hi thanks for reply

i have a funny feeling i have been pressing APP to early when LOC might not have been captured

in fmc this setting can be changed 

thanks again for help

jeff20

jeff storey