Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

My Content And Topics Following Not Available

Greetings!

Although I have been registered on the Library and have also used these forums for several years, I only recently registered as a member on the forums.

This morning I spent a decent amount of time browsing the forums, and following threads I was highly interested in, so as to come back later to utilize the information they contained. Unfortunately, when I go into my 'Content I Follow", I find only 6 threads! You can't imagine my disappointment! A quick search of the forums brought up this thread.

So, my question is this: Are we limited to the number of threads we can follow? And if so, what would that number be?

Thank you.

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Content you follow is content that you have actively marked to follow. There is no limit to the amount of content that you can mark (that I can remember that is). But, it is NOT content that you have simply read. You have to mark it, so if you only have six topics in your list, that is because you have only marked six.

Yes, I know this. I followed each thread I wanted to follow, even setting my notifications on each one for "weekly"!

Really don't know what happened here. I was going through the MS FSX forum, checking out each thread.

Oh well, I will go through the threads again, because there is some excellent information available.

Thanks for a speedy response, anyway!

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

I have searched this site over and over for a way to easily find the topics that I originated. But so far have not been able to find one. How do you get to this My Content thing? And also FWIW I also think the limit is a poor idea and should be a way to override it.

I have searched this site over and over for a way to easily find the topics that I originated. But so far have not been able to find one. How do you get to this My Content thing?

In the top right corner you'll find a spopt labelled with your usernam (right abvoe the search bar). If you click on your username, a menu opens, where you can select - among others - "My Content".

Another option would be going to your profile, and selecting "Topics" or "Posts" in the bar on the left (showing your laste few posts/threads you opened), or "Find Content" in the right corner of the profile page. This is the one affected by a certain limit, and I do not think that this will ever change, as Tom has explained earlier.

Hi. Last year Tom had a change of heart (which was nice) and I could find all my content over the past eleven years. Now, has there been a change of heart? I can only see the past 12 months again in My Content...

Hi. Last year Tom had a change of heart (which was nice) and I could find all my content over the past eleven years. Now, has there been a change of heart? I can only see the past 12 months again in My Content...

If you had been following the Forums regularly, you would have read a post made by Tom/Admins giving fair warning to save past posts and content as there was a dateline prior to which all content and posts would be lost for good.

If I had, I would have, but I haven't....I have been working abroad since last April and haven't been coming onto the forums so much whilst away from home (and my main FS PC).

That is very sad!! Ten years of my posts gone? A lot of wisdom was contained there (mostly not mine - people who had replied!) 

:-(

Martin

If I had, I would have, but I haven't....I have been working abroad since last April and haven't been coming onto the forums so much whilst away from home (and my main FS PC).

That is very sad!! Ten years of my posts gone? A lot of wisdom was contained there (mostly not mine - people who had replied!) 

Martin

I'd have been in a similar boat as I too spend a fair bit of time abroad. I just caught a lucky break when I spotted that alert.

Martin

Good grief. Could you do a bit of research before declaring stuff like this? Your "POSTS" are not gone. "PM's" over a year or so are. There is quite a bit of difference.

"Follow this topic" feature is useless if it is limited. There should be warning about limits when feature is implemented not in accordance with standard rules used on other forum sites. Majority of my marked content is burned.