Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

What

Guest Heather 636

I have a particular fondness for the nostalgic sound of the radial engine. Yes, there are more efficient power sources but, like the sound of a Harley Davidson is to motorcycles, the radial engine is to airplanes.I cannot claim to have tried out every sound set that has been made available for MSFS, but of the one

Guest bobsk8

I like the Default sounds in my Aerosoft Beaver

Guest av84fun

woogediewoogedie.zip(:(kidding of course)

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy Heather,Just luv the throaty rumble of Aaron Swindle's dhc3 wasp (originally for FS2002).

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Cap'I'll definitely have to check that one out.Cheers!Heather

Guest Coneman

Hi Heather,I need to check out some of your suggestions. Here's a few I'm fond of:R985 or R1820: beaver2k4_wheels.zipR2600: VB_SB2C_Helldiver.zip (Hambly soundpack) at http://www.netwings.org/R2800: corsairf4u7.zipR2800 Multi: CalClassics DC6Bristol Hercules Multi: hp67_main_pack_tg528-01.zip Bristol Hercules Single: Sea_Fury_FB11.zip at Sim-outhouseCheers,Todd

Guest jlwoodward

Heather,How did you make that neat picture?Great suggestions. I want to check some of them out. My favorite sounds for the Beaver are from Fred Banting's FS2000 model. These are the same ones that he allowed me to use. The ones for the Aerosoft Beaver are ok except the startup sounds were used on a Piper Cub a while back, so they just didn't seem right for a large radial.

Guest Coneman

Apparently Heather's too busy to respond to your question, but I suspect she found it somewhere.

Guest Heather 636

I'm sorry. Yes, I've been really busy and with the flu as well. But I should never be so busy that I can't respond to replies in posts that I started. I had meant to but got sidetracked. That was rude of me.Yes, regarding the animated gif of the radial engine, it was sent to me by a friend. I thought it was pretty neat.And thanks for the replies everybody, some interesting stuff here I'm going to have to check out.Cheers!Heather

Guest jlwoodward

Hi Heather,No need to reply instantly. People function on people time, not computer time. There are some other pictures out there. One is the old WW1 rotary engine and another is the Wankel.