Sign in to follow this  
fsxvhhx

Camera Pans To The Direction Of The Yaw/roll In The 777

When I am the VC, I always like to have the virtual yoke in the centre position of the screen. When I yaw or roll the plane however, the camera pans to the direction of the motion, and when the plane fly on course again, the camera stays in it's new position, that means the virtual yoke is either to the left or to the right of the screen and doesn't return to the centre. I have tried both enabling or disabling EZdok, the problem still exist. I've also tried with the AXE but doesn't have this issue. Anyone have the same problem or have a fix?

Cheers in advance.

When I am the VC, I always like to have the virtual yoke in the centre position of the screen. When I yaw or roll the plane however, the camera pans to the direction of the motion, and when the plane fly on course again, the camera stays in it's new position, that means the virtual yoke is either to the left or to the right of the screen and doesn't return to the centre. I have tried both enabling or disabling EZdok, the problem still exist. I've also tried with the AXE but doesn't have this issue. Anyone have the same problem or have a fix?

Cheers in advance.

This is a well known bug in FSX, which is more apparent the longer an aircraft is, so the effect in the 777 is very noticeable. Not much you can do about it. The camera isn't panning, the viewpoint moving as heading changes. If you fly a heading change of 180 degrees you will find the veiwpoint is back where it started.

To see what is actually happening, bank the aircraft to start a continuous turn. Tilt the view 90 deg down to look at the seat pad. You will see the camera is moving in a circular path as heading changes.  There's nothing you can do about it except ignore it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

This is a well known bug in FSX, which is more apparent the longer an aircraft is, so the effect in the 777 is very noticeable. Not much you can do about it. The camera isn't panning, the viewpoint moving as heading changes. If you fly a heading change of 180 degrees you will find the veiwpoint is back where it started.

To see what is actually happening, bank the aircraft to start a continuous turn. Tilt the view 90 deg down to look at the seat pad. You will see the camera is moving in a circular path as heading changes. There's nothing you can do about it except ignore it.

But if I recall, it didn't happen to the 77L piror the SP1 fix, as it's a bug, will a wipe of the aircraft and reinstall it slove the problem by any chance?

It happens in the LR even before sp1 but because the 300ER is so much longer the effect is worse.

It does happen with the 77L, but since the 77L is much shorter in length, it is less pronounced.

It happens in the LR even before sp1 but because the 300ER is so much longer the effect is worse.

It does happen with the 77L, but since the 77L is much shorter in length, it is less pronounced.

Oh I see.. found out I wasn't the only one having this problem and I have searched the wrong keywords  using the search function, found someone posted a solution using OPUS camera to fix the problem but I have no idea what this guy is saying, can anyone one please simplify what he is talking about and is it worth it to purchase OPUS? cheers.

"http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422820-lcc/"

But if I recall, it didn't happen to the 77L piror the SP1 fix, as it's a bug, will a wipe of the aircraft and reinstall it slove the problem by any chance?

It most certainly did and I wrote an entire section of the Intro manual about it. (/bangs head into wall and wonders why I bother writing these things)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com