Sign in to follow this  
77west

South African Airways 777-300Er Repaint

Perhaps you can come over and give us all a few lessons Kyle!

haha - I'd have to see how I fared with that wind down there first!

Kyle Rodgers

haha - I'd have to see how I fared with that wind down there first!

Well at least in Wellington it is consistent - consistently bad and unpredictable! I have been on a few flights (mostly A320) where it felt like we were about to prang into the harbour. Nothing quite like a gust giving you a 45 degree bank at 200ft. (I realize that sounds extreme - search YouTube, its not!!) We certainly get a good up close view of the motorways. And by close up, I am pretty sure I can usually see their faces looking up at us! (mostly because we disturbed their txt-while-drive rhythm) - Sorry, waxing cynical again...

Great work, Wes, I love the Springbok concept livery.

How about an SAA livery celebrating the Proteas' ascendency to the top of the ICC World Rankings today after achieving a first series victory over Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka in 21 years?

YOU GOT ME ON A ROLL TONIGHT! A test version of what I had in mind:

Coming on quickly there Wes.

Just thinking maybe too many leaping Boks (unless you want a full team on there), and maybe too much green. Try maybe a gold rear from somewhere aft of the wings (same colour as gold in the tail flag?).

Hey if you get this right, you may have your livery flying the Boks off to the World Cup next year (on a Airbus unfortunately). Send pics of the final result to Heyneke Meyer and SAA to get them thinking!? SAA are a SARU sponsor, so they may be very interested.

Rob

Robin Harris

I am hoping to release this repaint of the SAA 77W tomorrow (or maybe later tonight) - over 350 downloads of my -200LR so hope you enjoy the -300ER.

Hi Wes

Been looking out for your SAA livery in the Avsim Library. Seems something has delayed your uploading it (work I hope and not my distracting you with a Springbok concept livery!!).

Regards

Rob

Robin Harris

Great looking liveries Wes!  All that's missing is the upcoming Mega Airport Johannesburg by Aerosoft :smile:

Chris Sunseri

Hi Wes

Been looking out for your SAA livery in the Avsim Library. Seems something has delayed your uploading it (work I hope and not my distracting you with a Springbok concept livery!!).

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob! 

My apologies - I had a clients main server go into Meltdown and it has kept me busy all week.

I will finish the 77W off and upload tonight when I get home (in an hour or two)

Wes

I know this might be a long shot, but may I make a request for for a livery for the 300er that looks like the planet express ship from that TV show Futurama? I found one once for the 200LR but I couldn't download it for whatever odd reason. If not I understand. Also great job with the livery.

I know this might be a long shot, but may I make a request for for a livery for the 300er that looks like the planet express ship from that TV show Futurama? I found one once for the 200LR but I couldn't download it for whatever odd reason. If not I understand. Also great job with the livery.

Seems easy enough to do even if it is horrid institutional green..... 

Seems easy enough to do even if it is horrid institutional green.....

sweet thank you, I love that show, plus it would be nice to have an unusual livery out there.

Hi Wes

Regards

Rob

Hi guys!

I have released it to the library.

UploadID: 322581

Name: South African Airways "Johannesburg" Boeing 777-300ER

Size: 16767 kb

MD5 sum: ff01abe6e3ec4695309e4e77e40623bf

I agree. Great to see South Africa in the forum!

I travel there frequently on business and can confirm it is a superb country...with people to match. Sitting in the Waterfront at Cape Town, sipping a cold beer and listening to an African choir. Magical.

Wow 15 downloads already you guys must have really wanted it!!