Sign in to follow this  
77west

South African Airways 777-300Er Repaint

Thanks Wes. Yup really wanted it.

Two shots of delivery show-flight around Cape Town!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53775997/TableMountain_B77W-SAA.BMP

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53775997/CapePoint-B77W-SAA.BMP

Regards

Rob

Looks good Rob!!

I had not finished the seating layout, I will upload it here later so you can see what my interior config looks like.

How many of you would like the old Springbok colours?

Wes,

Absolutely would love to see the blue, white and orange livery as a "Lebombo" back in the sky or alternatively one in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic team 747 paint scheme - broke my heart when they tore up that beauty.

Thank you for all your effort to make these ZS liveries for us,

Richard

How many of you would like the old Springbok colours?

Count me in for sure. That the beauty of Flight Sim; being able to do/make things no longer possible in the real world, and experience the nostalgia of our youth.

Rob

Robin Harris

Count me in for sure. That the beauty of Flight Sim; being able to do/make things no longer possible in the real world, and experience the nostalgia of our youth.

Rob

I might look into it tomorrw - right now my arms are too sore from rock climbing...

Hi Wes,

Count me in for the Orange, White and Blue .. :)

I used to work for SAA way back when, .. and was based at Jan Smuts .. :)

Lots of fond memories, of early mornings on the Apron, .. soaking in the rising Sun, .. and watching the Flying Springboks departing on their early morning flights to their coastal destinations.

Good Times .. :)

Cheers

Tom

Nice to see a South African thread! Nice Cape Town scenery Wes. I live in Table View Cape Town and was wondering where you get your scenery? I use a lot of NMG products and FS Genesis Mesh.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Nice to see a South African thread! Nice Cape Town scenery Wes. I live in Table View Cape Town and was wondering where you get your scenery? I use a lot of NMG products and FS Genesis Mesh.

I don't use and Cape Town-specific scenery. In fact I don't really fly in SA much. I have FTX global, Vector etc. That might explain my shots. The shot of Rob's above is his own PC not mine. 

I am hoping to put a SAA old-colour paint out this week I have just been too busy...

Hi Wes, thanks the South African livery repaint looks really good. A livery of tremolo Oranjen Blanje Blou springbok livery will also be great.

I am hoping to put a SAA old-colour paint out this week I have just been too busy...

I know that Wes has been very busy, but I could not wait for his Oranje-Blanke-Blou, so spent many hours doing my own version (in 1970s SAA/SAl colours as used on SAAs first Airbus). Now if feel compelled to share it!

Sorry Wes do not mean to steal your thunder, but I also thought that there are variants of the old SAA livery, so maybe yours will be different (older 60s maybe?), so why not have more than one?!

Anyhow here is what my version looks like. I have her registered as ZS-CKD, name "Cape Town", in memory / honour of SAA's second Boeing 707, delivered to SAA in July 1960. In case you guys have not guessed yet, Cape Town is also my favourite place in the world!

SAA_Retro_CapeTown.jpg

Available here.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=186335

I see some are asking about Cape Town Scenery. This scenery is stuff I created for myself some years back, and unfortunately it has errors that I still need to find time to fix up, before releasing it. I also need to work on an installer, as installing it manually will be too difficult for many users. Time!

Rob

Robin Harris

I know that Wes has been very busy, but I could not wait for his Oranje-Blanke-Blou, so spent many hours doing my own version (in 1970s SAA/SAl colours as used on SAAs first Airbus). Now if feel compelled to share it!
Very impressive! Don't worry, I don't mind, my paint was of the slightly newer livery as seen in the early 90s anyhow. You have convinced me to try to finish it, I have been ill and not really up to extra work last few weeks but will try to put some effort in today for ya guys!

Hi Wes another South African 777 lover here. Have you found time or did you get enough demand to make a Springbok 'Oranje Blanje Blou' livery for the PMDG 777? The current livery looks great on both models and I see there is a vintage 1970's livery that available. But what about the 1980's/early 1990's one?