Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

How To Do A Manual Ils Landing In The 777?

Hi,

I just would like to know how I make a "manual" ILS landing in the CS 777?

When I enter the ILS frequency and the runway course in the FMC Nav/Rad "Park", the course directorline never lines up with the runway course.

No matter what I do, the director always selects the closest VOR frequency and not the ILS frequency.

In the PMDG T7 there is no problem in doing what I described above.

Greatful for any assistance. :smile:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You will need to select the ILS from the DEP/APP page on the FMC.  This will only be available to you if this is the ILS at your selected destination on RTE page 1.  e.g. YSSY to YMML will therefore have available ILSY 16 - for example.  One of the options will be BOL intercept.  By using this, you will have a line bearing 160 degs towards BOL from a long way away.  Plenty of time to organise an intercept heading or whatever you want.  You could fly at 4000ft in ALT and use the HDG bug to put you on some sort of intercept and engage LNAV.  So now you are heading in the rough direction of BOL in ALT and LNAV. Now arm APP and you will find that as the aircraft intercepts the localizer, the HDG bug automatically slews around to 160, the runway direction.  Part of the magic or the 777.  Now you are at the position where you can decide to fly the beast yourself, so do not engage the A/P.  You could also decide to let the A/P do the work and disconnect at minimum for a manual landing, or even just leave the A/P engaged and it will do an autoland. There is no special setup to make the aircraft do an autoland - it's just a matter of whether you leave the A/P in our take it out.  So I don't have some lawyer screaming down my neck, I will mention that in real life in bad weather requiring an autoland, the crew has quite a checklist to run through to ensure they are familiar with their actions in case of a failure with low visibility.  Hope this helps, Phil

Sign in to follow this