Sign in to follow this  
nonflyingdutchman

Unbelievable Believable

We will also be assisting with the codebase but, that said, the majority of the project is now in TDFi's hands. They're running the project as well... and that means, we can't say anything more than this.

Thanks

Considering that TDFI is essential a young man, maybe even a teenager still considering how his photo and Facebook page appear, it will be interesting to see how well he can code Complex systems with his lack of experience. Some devs have been at it for years and struggle to get it right, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm kind of skeptical of this.  When I look at the gobsmacking complexity of the PMDG md-11, I think someone developing a 717 at the 'full systems' level is up against some really extraordinary challenges if they really want to do things well.  It certainly looks awesome, though.   How long has it been in development already?

I can't (and won't) answer questions about how long or when or what have you... But, on the subject of age, I would be (in your shoes) hesitant to make any assumptions about the quality of the product... Mostly because, although the guys (more than one) on the team are very young and possibly inexperienced in the real world, they're still genius level coders who have been simmers since they were little kids. 

As an example, one of our lead coders, Jon aka Narotokun) is not even 21 yet and he's a phenomenal coder.  Really. 

Ageism goes both ways I guess..

We're in the project as well and will be offering our technical savvy as well as or experience so... I wouldn't worry...  besides, it's not like they've asked for any money... yet.  :)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Glad to hear that it isn't the one on Simmarket. The Simmarket version looks really dated.

My friend Nick Collett flies one in reality and tells me the Simmarket version is way off.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Why would a new release be considered suitable for the 'bargain hunters' forum? Makes no sense unless a sale is on. All this will do is bury the news away from the main fsx forum where such things belong.

My second issue here Jim is that lately there is far too much haphazard and sloppy moderation going on in these forums. I say this as a long time user of avsim. Moderation is required, I'm fully aware of that but somebody has decided to let loose with click first and ask questions later and it's getting out of hand.

Considering that TDFI is essential a young man, maybe even a teenager still considering how his photo and Facebook page appear, it will be interesting to see how well he can code Complex systems with his lack of experience. Some devs have been at it for years and struggle to get it right, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I can safely say that Collin Biedenkapp made a considerable impact on my programming skills. He is better than me in so many ways.

Btw KC I turned 21 just over 7 months ago :smile:

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I don't see what the big deal is--He moved the thread erroneously, but then he moved it back.

Because this type of thing is happening more and more often over the last while.

^Totally agree....

Heck I got a warning for saying something commonplace as a funny gesture/sarcasm.

Oh well maybe people just have hard days - no problem...

The more threads get moved the less people come to to this forum - the amount of views in the sub forums are significantly less than here.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |