Sign in to follow this  
NMahinK

777-300Er But Without Sp1

Is it possible to release 777-300ER download but without the SP1 requirement? I really like the the 777-300ER, but it's unflyable due to the 8x or 16x time acceleration issue.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that's not even remotely possible.

The -300ER is dependant on SP1, not the other way around.

Hi Nafsir,

As far as I am aware you need both the SP1 update and the 777-200 to run the 777-300. It's an addon to the original aircraft not a new aircraft.

I am slightly unsure why you would want to run the 777-300 without the SP1 update though. The original version of the 777-200 still had time compression as a feature but you don't have to use it. If you have had time compression issues in the past the PMDG version works differently to the fsx version, as it slows down when there is a turn or bad weather ahead.

I would install SP1 and try the 777-200 again first, see how you get on.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi Nafsir,

As far as I am aware you need both the SP1 update and the 777-200 to run the 777-300. It's an addon to the original aircraft not a new aircraft.

I am slightly unsure why you would want to run the 777-300 without the SP1 update though. The original version of the 777-200 still had time compression as a feature but you don't have to use it. If you have had time compression issues in the past the PMDG version works differently to the fsx version, as it slows down when there is a turn or bad weather ahead.

I would install SP1 and try the 777-200 again first, see how you get on.

Hi Dave,

The reason why I want to run the 777-300ER without SP1 is because the 8x acceleration is glitched with the SP1, the original 777-200LR basepack had no issues with 8x acceleration.

The reason why I want to run the 777-300ER without SP1 is because the 8x acceleration is glitched with the SP1, the original 777-200LR basepack had no issues with 8x acceleration.

Cool thing about PMDG is that if you report the issue via the support system (support.precisionmanuals.com) they'll have a look and try to fix the issue.

Much better to help someone fix the issue than to avoid it altogether and miss out on all of the new features...

Kyle Rodgers

PMDG has released Service Pack 1 for existing owners of the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package that updates the -200LR/F base package and enables it to run the -300ER expansion pack. Click here to download. This is taken from the PMDG website.

Cool thing about PMDG is that if you report the issue via the support system (support.precisionmanuals.com) they'll have a look and try to fix the issue.

Much better to help someone fix the issue than to avoid it altogether and miss out on all of the new features...

Thanks Kyle! Will try.

Hi Kyle,

I think that the SP1 is alright except for the fact that it cannot handle any time acceleration above 4 times. Also I think that some users(including myself) once engaging the auto time compression will be unable to get out of it by right clicking on the clock button in the flight deck.(this is another new bug found only with the SP1).

I have that occasional FS X crash or totally freeze on me (also totally new as I had no such problems before SP1 came along)

Without time acceleration, non stop flights like Toronto to Hong Kong non stop will be out of the question for us leisure simmers. We are not the hardcore type who will run their PCs 15 plus hours to match the real life flight times. Give us that bug fix soon please!!!

Regards,

Ronald

Hi Kyle,

I think that the SP1 is alright except for the fact that it cannot handle any time acceleration above 4 times. Also I think that some users(including myself) once engaging the auto time compression will be unable to get out of it by right clicking on the clock button in the flight deck.(this is another new bug found only with the SP1).

I have that occasional FS X crash or totally freeze on me (also totally new as I had no such problems before SP1 came along)

Without time acceleration, non stop flights like Toronto to Hong Kong non stop will be out of the question for us leisure simmers. We are not the hardcore type who will run their PCs 15 plus hours to match the real life flight times. Give us that bug fix soon please!!!

Regards,

Ronald

Assuming you didn't actually send anything via a support ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx , then I guess you're just hoping that someone who actually programs bug fixes for PMDG just happens to come across this post randomly in their free time? (lol, free time).

Actually yes!:) Kyle always seems to have an answer to all PMDG related items that I why I am checking in with him. But I think that the bulk of the problem is that with SP1 the NAV of the PMDG B777X cant seem to catch up during time acceleration.

Regards,
Ronald

Assuming you didn't actually send anything via a support ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx , then I guess you're just hoping that someone who actually programs bug fixes for PMDG just happens to come across this post randomly in their free time? (lol, free time).

Actually yes!:) Kyle always seems to have an answer to all PMDG related items that I why I am checking in with him. But I think that the bulk of the problem is that with SP1 the NAV of the PMDG B777X cant seem to catch up during time acceleration.

I try to have answers, but I don't use time accel.  I know a bunch of the Beta testers do, though, and I don't recall seeing reports of issues for them.  It's worth submitting a ticket to see what they say.

Kyle Rodgers

Is it possible to release 777-300ER download but without the SP1 requirement? I really like the the 777-300ER, but it's unflyable due to the 8x or 16x time acceleration issue.

The 777 is not unflyable with SP1. Not being able to use 8 or 16 times acceleration is an inconvenience at most.

ki9cAAb.jpg