Sign in to follow this  
BestPlane

Rex 4 Just Creates Ocean Water Textures

Hello guys,

for a long time I am not happy with my water textures which are created by REX 4.

I just see ocean water textures everywhere. There are no inland water textures. Neither in lakes nor in rivers. 

I have set "Low 2x" as water settings in FSX. Furthermore I am using Steves DX10 Fixer with the water settings attached.

ORBX OpenLc and Vector is in use.

The Lake Constance, Germany

fsx1g7o3k.png

Rhein River, Switzerland:

rhein90p6y.png

Steves DX10 Fixer water settings (even the preview picture shows what I mean):

dx10dqu6a.png

And my REX texture set which is correct installed:

rexd4ol6.png

See the greenish/brownish inland water textures I choosed? I dont see them in FSX. Hope you guys can help me :)

Thanks a lot

Manuel

Manuel Miller

Holy sh.. 

dont know how that one could get into the PMDG part of the forum. Sorry for that.

Please transfer it to the right place :)

Manuel Miller

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

You could try uninstalling the libraries in Steve's fixer and reinstalling them.  That has sometimes sorted out water texture problems for me.

Randall

You could try uninstalling the libraries in Steve's fixer and reinstalling them.  That has sometimes sorted out water texture problems for me.

Randall

Thanks for your answer. I did so. No success :(

Manuel Miller

Default water textures and animations are far superior in dx10. I gave up using those textures via REX4.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I've got the same problem... Tried playing around with Steve's fixer, FSWC, and REX, but nothing seems to change my inland water either....

Sorry to push this thread up again after a long time, but maybe the answer that was given to me by the REX support is important for other uses which do experience the same problems:

"As of right now you cannot change or modify the water textures within REX 4.  We are working on an Add-on to address this and will be released soon.

I can say that we handled the process in REX 4 differently to account for other water class issues that REX 3 didn't fix by splitting up the waters.  We will be bring the best of both worlds to REX 4 Texture Direct soon."

Source: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30908-rex-4-just-creates-ocean-water-textures/

So as it seems there are massive problems in creating proper inland textures. It sounds good that they will keep up on that, but until no additional feature like the support mentioned is released, REX 4 is money down the drain for users of older REX products.

Manuel Miller