Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

I'll get their 172 if it ever gets released. I don't own A2A version because I'm not into the maintenance feature that they have. Not really sure if you can fly it without doing a walk around. Plus I like RealAir prices much better. ;-)

I feel quite the same. I didn´t buy A2A C172 for two reasons:

- I wanted to see how the RA C172 would be

- I don´t want to turn flight simulator to a maintenance simulator (with the limited time I spend simming)

I wish RA would give us at least some information: are they still working on C172 and will it be published ( no need to know date, just the information if its going to be on the market some day).

For me personally RealAir have been replaced by A2A, I wouldn't buy a GA aircraft now if it didn't have persistent maintenance, status and wear modelled. You actually have to fly the aircraft by the numbers or there will be consequences, even something simple like lowering the flaps right at the edge of the white arc all the time causes the flaps linkages to wear out quicker and if you don't maintain them you will be in trouble when the flap fails, what's not to like about that?

Cheers, Andy.

Every single A2A bird, you can turn the damage and stuff off and just fly.

You really are missing out if that is your worry. Honestly, I keep it all turned on, and spend hardly any time at all messing with anything like that.

RA's aircrafts are a class of their own and are truely fantastic!

But i agree with what was also pointed out here earlier:

I am not sure either, if another C172 is really needed, as A2A have released a superb and most outstanding rendition of it already for FSX/P3D.

But sure:

RA have their own style and so i certainly will keep an eye on theirs C172 progress and decide later, once it wil e released, if i will be adding it to my virtual hangar or not.

And who knows, maybe RA are already working on a completely differenet aircraft anyways and are just keeping it a secret until development has gone far enough to present some more detailed info to the public ...

Every single A2A bird, you can turn the damage and stuff off and just fly.

You really are missing out if that is your worry. Honestly, I keep it all turned on, and spend hardly any time at all messing with anything like that.

+1

No need to worry about maintenance if this feature is not desired, because as pointed out:

The wear and tear stuff is a fantastic enhancement and really raises the immersion whilst flying in the sim - and once used to it, it does not really take that much time at all - but again saying: It really raises the immesrion while flying later on or can be turned off completely.

I feel quite the same. I didn´t buy A2A C172 for two reasons:
- I wanted to see how the RA C172 would be
- I don´t want to turn flight simulator to a maintenance simulator (with the limited time I spend simming)

Same here. I don't have much time in-between work/real flying to sit around topping up oil and changing wheel spats. I just want to load up and fly.

RealAir make the most accurate flight models in the business so am waiting patiently for their ultimate version of the 172.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Mixing A2A's maintenance and sound design with RA's stall effects, wind sounds, and flaps being damaged would be awesome. (I'm basing this on videos though. I don't own either. Still seeing if the Duke goes P3d maybe)

A2A already model far more damageable components compared to what you have in the RealAir aircraft, I presume you missed the bit about wear and tear, flaps can fail due to wear even if you don't exceed speed limits for them, if they are worn enough they can fail at any speed. Another example is water in fuel, they simulate that too. Another chap on the forum the other day had his Piper burst into flames, no idea what it was but it was likely due to him not maintaining things properly. Don't get me wrong I really do love RealAir's aircraft but they have to take things to a whole new level now to compete for my pennies.

Cheers, Andy.

I'm pretty sure A2A offering is fantastic but for me, why pay for features I'm not going to use (maintenance). If they ever release the 172 without those "Xtra Features" I'll probably get it.

Both A2A and RealAir are the "elites" in my opinion but I must give RealAir the edge. Their planes just seem to "feel right".

The maintenance, wear and tear, etc are interesting features and A2A has done wonders there.

As for my purchasing:

If RealAir announces it I buy it without delay. Never been disappointed.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I can understand why the maintenance features of the A2A C172 are attractive to some flight simmers, but not all of us want a maintenance sim.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My biggest wish would be the VC integration of Flight1's new GTN units.

+1

That would make me buy the C172, even though I already own the A2A version   B)

Not sure I like the way the A2A C172 handles..  the A2A Cherokee on the other hand is golden!

Bert

Back to the original post. No news about RA? Are they working on C172? Perhaps not? Sad.

I would be interested if they did a C172 with G1000, and made it compatible with the Mindstar G1000.

Todd

Where are you Rob Young? :)

I hope they're not doing a Boeing 737..

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg