Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

It's great to hear that Realair is alive and well. I would have liked to see their C172, especially if it offered something different from the A2A model (glass cockpit, floats, etc) but if they decide that the market is already saturated, that's good news too - RA could work on something that hasn't been done already, or not done well, such as the various Carenado offerings... ;-)

Personally I love A2A's aircraft, especially the C172 and the Spitfire Mk1. But to be honest, it's the RA aircraft that feel "just right"  to me. Of course the A2A offerings are outstanding too, but especially the C172 has gone through quite a few changes to the flight model during the various patches and hotfixes, and still never quite arrived at the "sweet spot" where everything works and feels exactly as it should. The same goes, albeit to a lesser extent, for the Cherokee.

By the way, the RA Duke V1/V2/Turbine and the Legacy are all well known to be excellent aircraft, but lately the one that has fascinated me the most is the Scout. Although it was released in 2006, it still puts many offerings from 2014 to shame - both in regards to flight model as well as to graphics. The VC is simply wonderful. It's an absolute joy to fly. I can't recommend it highly enough.

One also has to give credit to RA for their pricing policy. They're one of the few developers/publishers that actually offer their older products at a reduced price - I only wish other publishers would follow their example.

Why can't you trim the A2A version? Is it not supposed to be capable of that? :huh:

It's takes ages to trim. Like molasses was poured into the trim wheel and allowed to set overnight.

By the way, the RA Duke V1/V2/Turbine and the Legacy are all well known to be excellent aircraft, but lately the one that has fascinated me the most is the Scout. Although it was released in 2006, it still puts many offerings from 2014 to shame - both in regards to flight model as well as to graphics. The VC is simply wonderful. It's an absolute joy to fly. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I've always liked the Scout package, its like a J3 wiith an autopilot, great for low and slow sightseeing.

Frank L.T

An Aero Commander would be great, especially one of the later turboprop versions with steam gauges.

+1 to that!

The Aero Commander twins have all but been ignored by the major developers and it would be amazing to have one from a top quality developer like Real Air, especially something like the turboprop 690 with steam gauges (I'm a steam gauge flyer too!). I used the have the Venavions freeware 690 in FS9 and I enjoyed flying that.

Bill

I would also pay for a GTN retrofit for the Duke and Legacy..

Bert

To switch off the how great of products they make..  I'd like to just say how great of customer service they provide. Between the many "can you reset my installs"  emails I've sent them from various testings and FSX/Prepar3D reinstalls, some basic questions I've sent,  Roberts always very cordial posts on here concerning his products and his very kind and fair approach to his FSX products being used in Prepar3D.. Their support is not only timely but very professional and likable.  Robert is a great person and it shows not only through his product but also the way he treats his customers

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

+1 That's the one and only thing holding me back from buying the GTN. Would probably never have gotten RXP if not for panel integration on RA planes.

RA has always been pivotal to my use of FSX. When I signed up for avsim I used the name "BeechPapa" because my favorite plane was their Beech Duke. I would like to take the step into next gen avionics inside a RA plane.

Please... here's my credit card.

How would the touch screen interface go. The PMDG checklist is a bit odd, would it suffer from the same problem? I haven't bought the F1 gauges yet.

+1 but with a P3DV2.x installer:)

I'd love to see a RealAir Cirrus Vision VLJ or a Cessna P210 Turbine (I believe it's called a Silver Eagle, if I'm not mistaken).

Todd

Hi, re the GTN units. Do they integrate into most aircraft via a 2D popup such as with the realityXP gauges?

With my other RealAir aircraft I have always left the FS GPS installed in the panel and used the realityXP gauges on a second monitor. Then even if using external views I could still operate the GPS. I have always loved this feature.

Cheers

Michael

What Realair ?

Some of the best payware out there:

http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.php?page=home

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi, re the GTN units. Do they integrate into most aircraft via a 2D popup such as with the realityXP gauges?

With my other RealAir aircraft I have always left the FS GPS installed in the panel and used the realityXP gauges on a second monitor. Then even if using external views I could still operate the GPS. I have always loved this feature.

Cheers

Michael

Yes, they do.

In that sense, they are very similar to the RXP GNS gauges.

Bert