Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

And some bad news: The C172 has been canceled. 

http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.php?page=home

Greetings

Tim

Sad news for me also as I was looking forward to the RA 172. 

On the other hand, It does make my future purchasing decisions easier.  As I have no interest in any other aircraft, I can spend the money I was saving for the 172 on scenery. 

Perhaps an ORBX airport or two since I am strictly a low and slow GA flyer.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Very happy with all the news here, RA Turbine Duke v2.0 with GTN's in P3D gave me a big smile!  :BigGrin:

+ 1 for the non-repetition on such a good airplane already developed (A2A's C172). This makes you guys concentrate on the new incoming project which is ....???  :rolleyes: A Baron 58 please!!?

Rafael Henrique Carelli

A Baron 58 please!!?

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!  Please give us a RealAir 58.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! Please give us a RealAir 58.

I'd go for that.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you look at their stable, I mean hangar, each aircraft appears to fit a particular "slot" in terms of function. They may think "why bother with a B58 when you have the Duke?". There doesn't seem to be much difference between them except that the Duke has longer legs. I'd expect something more surprising from them.

Nevertheless I'd still buy their Baron if they made one, as long as it had steam gauges and Bendix-King radios, including an ADF.

I was waiting for RA 172. Now I don´t know which way to go. I would like to have a new GA weapon in my hangar. For longer distance flights with twin I have Duke, then there is Manfred Jahn DC-3. But with smaller single engine airplanes I am little bored with Carenado A36 and Caravan, their C185 though is okay for bush flying. So there is a gap in my hangar and I don´t know what to put there. As earlier said I´m not willing to pay for the A2A maintenance options I am not willing to use... sigh 

If you already have their Legacy try the Baytower RV7 - a reasonable 25 USD.... Fast and slow with RXP 530W support

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hopefully they will be able to turn whatever they've developed of the C172 into a C182 or even the upcoming Turbo Skyhawk JT-A. I think that would differentiate it enough from the A2A version to ensure sales.

I say let A2A keep making the slow boring planes and Realair should keep making the fast exciting planes - T Duke, maybe an older Mooney or even a bizjet.

Wow, luckily I decided to read this thread from the beginning, as I only noticed it when it was up to page 5 already ...

I very much agree. There's so much out there already, but not one bizjet that's done nicely. They're all kind of "dead" to me. I would love for them to do an older Citation with the tapes and maybe a few upgrades. The Lancair, Duke and Turbine Duke is pretty much the only thing I fly next to the PMDG's. I trust RealAir to make a Citation II that's alive!

If you look at their stable, I mean hangar, each aircraft appears to fit a particular "slot" in terms of function. They may think "why bother with a B58 when you have the Duke?". There doesn't seem to be much difference between them except that the Duke has longer legs. I'd expect something more surprising from them.

Nevertheless I'd still buy their Baron if they made one, as long as it had steam gauges and Bendix-King radios, including an ADF.

Paul for what its worth, I have the Milviz Baron and I love it. As I have the Legacy and love it for fast GA single touring I would say that Milviz are up to a similar standard and recommend them.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Paul for what its worth, I have the Milviz Baron and I love it. As I have the Legacy and love it for fast GA single touring I would say that Milviz are up to a similar standard and recommend them.

Not performance-wise, though, in my experience. The Milviz Baron runs like a dog on my system. Maybe when I can afford a more powerful rig...

Not performance-wise, though, in my experience. The Milviz Baron runs like a dog on my system.

Yes if you have a low spec system like I do, you may run into VAS problems in a dense urban scenery environment.  Otherwise the Milviz Baron is a must-have piston twin for your hangar.

The Lancair is just about the only plane I fly and I do have many.... I just love it... I also fly it in P3d v 2.4 and it works fine although not officially supported yet.

I too am, or was, waiting with keen anticipation for the Duke Turbine 2.0 for P3D with GTN compatibility. Ever since I read on the RA website over 3 months ago that it was 'weeks away'. For Rob to make that kind of announcement things must have been at a pretty advanced stage I would have thought, so the long delay is kind of unsettling. We hope it's nothing too serious. I have no idea. I am only a customer. Maybe we'll see it released today or tomorrow!  Or maybe not. Maybe next year. Either way it's safe to assume it will be worth the wait.  

Hey Rob!  Leave it alone and have a nice break.

Maybe just give us an update to tell us you're OK. You have a lot of friends out there.

Oh, and you're still welcome at our place in the sun ...  :dirol:

Best,

Gareth