Hi my saitek hat switch keeps disabling itself with ezdok.

I start the flight with my 737 ngx few mins later the hat switch on my saitek joystick stops working only way i get it to work is exiting ezca and re-launching it.

Anyone know why this is doing this?

Thanks alot

Vernon Howells

You've set the S and A and Shift-S and Shift-A, and selected your joystick on the appropriate EZdok pages, and also disabled your hat switch as an FSX command? 

Disabled hat switch in fsx but what are those other commands?

Joystick is selected and all buttons work plus axis etc basically everything works but that hat switch keeps disabling itself?

What is S and A and shift S and shift A

Vernon Howells

I don't know if it's causing your problem, but an essential part of EZdok setup is to go into FSX and disable the default camera switching commands (S, A, Shift S, Shift A) and then add those instead into the EZdok commands.   The particular setup steps are in the basic setup manual somewhere, and if not, certainly in one of those Youtube setup videos that Mr. Marniftarr posted.

Get it set up "by the book" first, so you can then rule out simple user setup issues as a cause of your hat switch behaving oddly.

I'll double check ,but i'm pretty sure i leave  the hat enabled inside fsx.i use that to pan around inside the cockpits.

steve

yep View pan is set in FSX controls for the Hat switch of my Saitek yoke,

Ok i'll try those steps! You mention add those to the ezdok commands can you tell me what commands they are for S and A shift S and shift A thankyouu!

Steve if i leave the setting in fsx it works but it can be jittery when looking about.

Vernon Howells

yep it is a bit jittery.but you can change the way it pans by clicking on the different boxes inside the options menu/general settings/top box you will see 3 boxes click on 3d game, and in the HAT Switch Box set to 6.51.that is my settings.try them and see.

make sure your joysticks are recognised in the joystick configuration boxes.

Mine are set J1 saitek yoke Y2 saitek throttle Y3 CH pro peddles.

steve

I found that by setting EZCA to control the 'hat' switch only gave me level control, It would not go up and down.

So, I resetted the FSX 'hat control' and all is well now.  EZCA is bugged imo and is far from perfect. It was originally set for XP and we have had Vista W7 since which may have caused problems that didn't exist in XP.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Right i just looked at my saitek yoke and its been turning itself off? right this second the green screen with the time in it switched off and turned back on? so this is prob causing it to loose ezdok

Vernon Howells

Go to your control panel-->power options-->change plan settings-->change advanced power settings.

Open up the [+] bar that says USB settings.

You will see something that says USB selective suspend setting.  Is it enabled?  Go ahead and disable it. 

If the problem is that your USB port is going to sleep, then I think that will fix it.

Ok just done your instructions fingers crossed :) how come its started doing this and not before i've had it for a while? Or maybe i've never noticed as i hardly use the hatch switch on the yoke i tend to use the mouse middle button on my logitech to pan about?

Its done it again :(

Vernon Howells

In device manager

Saitek Magic Bus

Root Enumerator

There is a yellow triangle warning thing at the root enumerator?

Vernon Howells

Saitek Magic Bus?  This was a pre-existent condition, or happened when you dis-abled the power-saving suspend feature?

My device manager shows Saitek Pro Flight Yoke(USB) and Saitek Pro Flight Yoke(HID), so outside of the Who song, I'm not sure what a magic bus is.   Is this something that shows up when you install Saitek control software off of a CD that comes with the yoke? 

Since your yoke is a plug and play device, it should go seek out the correct device drivers every time you plug it in.  I would see what happens if you unplug it, then plug it back in, and see if it gets the correct drivers.   If so, does it behave the same way if you plug it into a different USB port?

Its all connected up and working fine!

Just spotted that saitek magic bus not sure what it is i'll ask on there forums!

As for my saitek yoke switching off do you think my USB drivers or something needs updating?

Vernon Howells

Glad it's working.  You might want to search out the matter further, but I'm pretty sure that if you disabled the Suspend mode, then it shouldn't go to sleep anymore.