Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Castrated Or Decorated?

Saint or sinner?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Did the instructor do the right thing?

• He did WRONG! Castrate the bugger! I would have done better!
    • He was a HERO! He did a great job, give him a medal!

THIS thread has trundled along for nine pages (at the time of posting) and I cant figure out what the consensus is about his guilt/innocence. I thought a poll would help clear things up. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well, lol...I find the two choices too polarized, lol.  So, I can't click on either one.

1. I agree with those that state that if articles-of-training were not followed, they should have been, for a by-the-book attempt to rectify.

2.  No hero...but as I stated on the thread, he did what it took...perhaps not text-book, but quite adequate enough...for both himself and his charge, to walk away, with nary a mark.

So, if you had polled, 

1. Do you think he acted competently

2. Do you think he did not

I would have then voted for #1

I didn't intend another discussion, simply wanted to see which way the cookie crumbled. I realise there is no cut and dried answer and maybe I was being too flippant. Basicly, if you were sitting on the board of inquiry would you find for or against?

Both people managed to walk away, the plane experienced (probably) only minor damage.  It could have been worse.

I would castigate, but not castrate, take it as lesson learnt.

Ian R Tyldesley

I didn't intend another discussion, simply wanted to see which way the cookie crumbled. I realise there is no cut and dried answer and maybe I was being too flippant. Basicly, if you were sitting on the board of inquiry would you find for or against?

Personally (smile), I step aside and defer....

We don't have enough information.

We don't have a record of what checks were done. We haven't done interviews. We don't know detailed flight data. We haven't inspected the aircraft or the damage of the aircraft (we haven't even seen it)

There's no way to answer this based on being on a board.

I'm unsure of what the rules are, but if the flight instructor did not check the fuel personally, he should be penalized. As far as losing his license I'm not sure.

I DO NOT believe the pilot should lose his license over panic. Many airlines pilots have had this and survived and flown again. Some have even been "hardened" by it.

This one is simple:

Simmer will say castrate the bugger, and non-simmers will say he is a hero. :rolleyes:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Given that there's no question of his being castrated or decorated this is a pointless poll.

Given that there's no question of his being castrated or decorated this is a pointless poll.

No more pointless than the thread it refers to. You should lighten up a tad.

You should lighten up a tad.

That's what I keep trying to tell him  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :lol:

Matthew Kane

(...)

I would castigate, but not castrate, take it as lesson learnt.

This. And simmers, as well as RW pilots, have learnt a good deal from Chris' thread.

Now I have to lighten up a tad as well!   :lol:

Congratulations and well done on landing the aircraft without any injury to yourself, your student or anyone on the ground.

Now give me your instructors license so I can cut it up because you really shouldn't have taken off in that plane without properly checking the fuel and replacing the fuel cap.

www.antsairplanes.com