Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

Is This A Normal Error Message/switching From One Aircraft To Another

The other day I received my extended download for the PMDG 777-200. I then proceeded to do a clean install.

Current version I have of the PMDG 777-200 - 1.10.6036

Current version I have of the PMDG 737ngx [600,700,800,900) 1.00.3219

Thus, here is the error message that I get:

The simulation may not function properly if you switch from one PMDG aircraft to another PMDG aircraft. We strongly encourage you to load a default FSX aircraft, or close and restart FSX prior to selecting another aircraft.

Is this a normal error message ? I never saw this before. My planes are flying well of course I am going by this error message.

Anything I am missing here ??

Anything I am missing here ??

No.  It's just a simple note to avoid loading a complex aircraft on top of another complex aircraft.  This can cause unwanted behavior.  That's all.

Also, it's a rule here to sign your posts with your first and last name  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

What I see missing in this report, and in several other reports, is the fact that the person reporting an error/message has not read the official manual.  All this "new" stuff is mentioned in the Intro. in the PMDG manual.  It is in my humble opinion that 99% of all the complaints (that I have read at least) would have been solved before the error was discovered and they probably would not have even occured.  I'll shutup.

Donald Baker

It is in my humble opinion that 99% of all the complaints (that I have read at least) would have been solved before the error was discovered and they probably would not have even occured.  I'll shutup.

haha - hit the nail on the head Donald.  The manual was written to help people avoid these things, but most people seem to ignore it sadly.  And of course, to some, it's completely rude to ask people to read it.

Right there with ya!  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Well, thanks for helping me out. Now I will read the manuals, Just never saw that message before, since I purchased the 777, in first week of October.

Ronny Spergel