Sign in to follow this  
francy25

Infinite Loading Time

Hi,

Since a couple of weeks ago I'm experiencing extremely long loading time with the B777-200/F and even with the -300ER version. 
I've tried different situation: 

-weather;

-scenery (default scenery vs FSDT/AS scenery) 

-with and without FTX Global and Vector;

-daytime (from sunrise to night). 

I have already tried to re-install the whole product (not FSX. I've installed it just a month ago and there are just a bunch of sceneries).

This only happens with the 777. I've tried with the AXE (not so heavy model, loading time: 1 min), Majestic Q400 (1 min), PMDG JS4100 (less than a minute), PMDG NGX (3 mins.) Quality WIngs 757 (1 min.) 

At the moment, I'm loading again the 777 and the loading bar is stuck at 6%. 

I don't know what to do. Someone can help me? 

My config is: i7 3770K@ 4,5 Ghz, GTX780Ti OC by Zotac, 16 Gb RAM @1600, SSD 500 Gb by Samsung, Win 7 64 Bit ultimate. 

Thank you in advance,

Francesco. 

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

My Specs: MOBO: ROG Z390 Maximus Hero IX CPU: Intel i7-9700K @ 5.0 Ghz GPU: Nvidia  GeForce GTX 3080Ti RAM: GSkill Trident 32Gb Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz

MSFS, DCS World.

I had this problem when I tried the disablepreload=1 "tweak". It would often hang at 6% and then continue loading several minutes later. Check your fsx.cfg.

Michael Faia

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I haven't the disablepreload tweak. I've tried to regenerate a new .cfg file and the problem isn't solved.

Francesco

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

My Specs: MOBO: ROG Z390 Maximus Hero IX CPU: Intel i7-9700K @ 5.0 Ghz GPU: Nvidia  GeForce GTX 3080Ti RAM: GSkill Trident 32Gb Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz

MSFS, DCS World.

Nobody else can help me? 

Since I've bought the 777-300, I've saw it just in the FSX preview.

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

MSFS, DCS World.

Hey,

I have an idea on this - my 777 would takes AGES to load until I 'woke up' my USB external hard drive by opening a file explorer and browsing to something on it. For some reason whenever I load a pmdg aircraft I often hear it spinning up, as though it's looking for something on there (even though there are no FSX or PMDG files on it). So is it possible that you have an external drive that might be 'sleeping' when trying to load the aircraft?

Signal_runner

Try disabling in the scenery library all scenery you won't be using for the particular flight and see how it loads.

Michael Faia

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I have found that if I change the desktop focus from FSX to anything else while it is loading, then it takes forever to load saved flights or 'FLY NOW' from free flight. This means I don't click on anything while FSX is loading itself or a flight. However, loading the aircraft from the free flight screen itself is not affected. I've never had a problem with that and my system specs are much more humble that yours.

Dan Downs KCRP