Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Ai Controller (Sid, Jet Route, Star And Final Approach) Beta

Hi Roland, thanks for the fantastic feedback. I'll give your recommendations a try and I look forward to trying the updated version in future when you release it with your new additions.

One other problem I have hit this morning is that the AIMonitor app seems to have had its size and position dimensions corrupted somehow, I am unable to see anything at all, just a taskbar tab, pressing it does nothing. Where are the settings stored for this?

Cheers, Andy.

One other problem I have hit this morning is that the AIMonitor app seems to have had its size and position dimensions corrupted somehow, I am unable to see anything at all, just a taskbar tab, pressing it does nothing. Where are the settings stored for this?

while AIMonitor is running press Alt + Space to get a menu with the option to maximize the Window.

Daniel, my apologies, but I don't understand.  Could you add some details?

-Roland

First of all, thank you for your great software. It is really improving the Simulator Experience.

I will try to be more specific later. First I will test your software some more. Looks like it already resolved this issue.

Maybe it is possible to get AI Controller parse the standard Track-Information for NATs, PACOTs and AUSOTs, to have even more realistic Flights?

Daniel

while AIMonitor is running press Alt + Space to get a menu with the option to maximize the Window.

Oh thanks for that tip, I wish I had known about that for years, lol.

One other point, is there anything that can be done to stop the AI flights flying at a banked angle even though the are flying in a perfectly straight line? This only seems to be a problem when they get to the Jet Route stage of flight.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Roland, thanks for the fantastic feedback. I'll give your recommendations a try and I look forward to trying the updated version in future when you release it with your new additions.

same here. I am now unable to use it. This problem first appeared in the last version.

Hello!

Well, Clipper Ocean Spray, after your advices, all my aitraffic take-off and take the correct SID  up to their destinations. I have also discovered that in every SID (.txt) we have always (or almost always) to write the runway from where the aiplane takes off. If not, with the changing winds, they are not gonna choose always the "more straight" one. (at least, that is waht i have seen after many hours looking their behaviour)

i have one question: even if  i have written in the "ini" file:

AIAllowPiston = 1
AITurboPropSpeedAdjust= 1
AIPistonSpeedAdjust= 1

when an ATR72-500 is on final approach with an airbus 320, (for example), and the airbus is the second one,  the airbus always hurry up landing with 135-145 knots, and the atr, even if he was the first, he finally stays the last one with 95-105 knots. am i forgetting something or is there any key to get turbo prop and piston in the same speed than an boeing or airbus turbine? as if they were the same kind of plane? do i have to move the numbers of acceleration?...i can see that they arrive sometimes to the last star before final approach, on the same speed, but when they are on final line to land its like "mad max" ^_^   and and the ATR or the EMBRAER always lose the  "game" because the heavy one pass the other. (and the atr, beech, embrarer, etc... has to go around).

thanks again and please, iexcuse me for my english...i promise i study  every day to talk better :)

ps: AICONV and AICONTROLLER are better now!

abraham.

Hi Roland,

I've been testing your program, and it works very well considering it's still a work in progress!!

I've been playing with the "jetroutes" a bit, and it seems pretty good where there are lots of jetways to pick from.

I noticed that the program seems to have a problem routing AI over the oceans (jetroutes).  Granted, NAT tracks change everyday, so it is hard to keep those updated.  Yet, I flew a flight from KLAX to PHKO, and the flight flying to the Hawaiian Islands were not given the High Altitude airways between the mainland and Hawaii (the "R" airways such as R576, R577, R578, etc) even though they are in the "wpNavRTE" file.  Instead, they were sent back to LAX from over the Pacific, and rerouted all over the US, then down to the Gulf of Mexico, over Mexico to the Baja Peninsula, then sent over to Hawaii!!!  A marathon flight!! lol

I tested this with option set at "AIJetRoutesOrigin=0" and "AIJetRoutesOrigin=1" to see if it made any difference. 

With AIJetRoutesOrigin=0, the program could not find assign a suitable jetroute.

With AIJetRoutesOrigin=1, the program routed the AI flight as I described above.

I just wanted to give you a heads up...not sure how it works, but it may have to be tweaked!!  :smile:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Roland,

I just wanted to congratulate you for this great program. Also, I wanted to thank Matias for the converter.

Cheers

Thanks Naif!! It was my pleasure.

Roland it's the real genius here  B)

Thanks Naif!! It was my pleasure.

Roland it's the real genius here  B)

Don't sell yourself short Matias!!  Without your program, we'd be pulling out our hair (or what's left of it in my case) trying to write SIDS and STARS.

Both of you should be applauded for continuing to push the limits of this old dog of a flight simulator!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Don't sell yourself short Matias!!  Without your program, we'd be pulling out our hair (or what's left of it in my case) trying to write SIDS and STARS.

Both of you should be applauded for continuing to push the limits of this old dog of a flight simulator!!

Thanks Devin, I really appreciate your words.

Wow just came across this thread and this utility sounds great! FSX needed this for quite a while, I have Ultimate Traffic 2 will this work program work with it, I know UT2 has the flightplans database as well so I wasn't sure.

Angelo

Sorry if this has been asked before but I´m not completely clear what this programm does. Does it just control the AI planes in order to be more realistic? And if doing so, what´s with the ATC?

Yes, it works with UT2.

It assigns AI planes to fly SID, STAR, jet routes and vectors them to final. It, also, controls their speed. I tried it with PFE and it worked well and I heard it works with RC. But it doesn't work with the default ATC elegently, because the default ATC Will keep asking AI planes to get back to course.

+1

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi Roland and all,

Aisidstar was already an excellent enhancement of our aging fsx, this new aicontroler does look promising too!

I havnt had the chance to download it and tried it yet, but from what i read on this forum it seems to be a great tool in progress.

Does it actually make ai fly actual airways? Where do you get the data from? Still pmdg navigraph?

Looking forward to try it on

Cheers

Edited by FloG
removed 4 multiple posts