Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Ai Controller (Sid, Jet Route, Star And Final Approach) Beta

Guest JustanotherPilot

As previously posted, I think this program is great, however I've encountered a problem that continues even if I don't activate the program. I found that it froze FSX while taxiing to the apron - ctrl-alt-delete was the only way out. I now find the FSX crashes on closing with an ntdll.dll error showing in the log file. I have never experienced this before  - only after using the program.  I've tried everything to fix this. I suspect that the FSUIPC has been corrupted someway, can the program have done this and is there any other instances reported of this?

Do we import jetroutes using the AICONV.EXE as well- the wpnavrte.txt in the PMDG NAVDATA folder contains a list of all the airways?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Disregard my previous post- it looks like you can simply drop the WPNAVRTE.txt into the same folder as AISIDSTAR and add 

AIJetRoutesEnabled=1

into the AIController.ini file

Regarding taxiing, do you think it's possible to stop making ATC to stop like 1000 meters back from my airplane, I mean they have plenty of room to follow, I'm not going to bite (stop hard Lol)  :P

Yes, it works with UT2.

It assigns AI planes to fly SID, STAR, jet routes and vectors them to final. It, also, controls their speed. I tried it with PFE and it worked well and I heard it works with RC. But it doesn't work with the default ATC elegently, because the default ATC Will keep asking AI planes to get back to course.

+1

So i have to buy pfe :(

Regarding taxiing, do you think it's possible to stop making ATC to stop like 1000 meters back from my airplane, I mean they have plenty of room to follow, I'm not going to bite (stop hard Lol)  :P

Or RC

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

am i forgetting something or is there any key to get turbo prop and piston in the same speed than an boeing or airbus turbine? as if they were the same kind of plane?

Abraham,

The quick reference guide at p. 6 mentions something about this, just add the following to your .ini:

AITrafficSpeedAdjust = 1
AITurboPropSpeedAdjust = 1
AIPistonSpeedAdjust = 1
AISeparationDistance = 0
AIHoldingAllowed = 3
//Note: or 2, 3 or 4
AIFinalApproachSlowDownScalar = 1
AISpeedIAF = 145
AISpeed1700 = 145
AISpeed1000 = 145
AISpeed500 = 145
AISpeedTouchDown = 145

I noticed that the program seems to have a problem routing AI over the oceans (jetroutes).  Granted, NAT tracks change everyday, so it is hard to keep those updated.  Yet, I flew a flight from KLAX to PHKO, and the flight flying to the Hawaiian Islands were not given the High Altitude airways between the mainland and Hawaii (the "R" airways such as R576, R577, R578, etc) even though they are in the "wpNavRTE" file.  Instead, they were sent back to LAX from over the Pacific, and rerouted all over the US, then down to the Gulf of Mexico, over Mexico to the Baja Peninsula, then sent over to Hawaii!!!  A marathon flight!! lol

Devin, thanks for the helpful feedback.  I've been working on a way to automatically "join" jetroutes that should be joined (e.g., NAT tracks with the continental jetroutes ending at the North Atlantic).  Almost there.

In the process of adding this feature, I've found a bug.  The wpnavrte.txt file lists different jetroutes (sometimes in different parts of the world) with the same code (e.g., A1) as if it were one long jet route.  This throws off the routing if one of these fictional "long" routes is selected (the AI goes on a world tour).  I'm fixing this, but while using the current version, if you see for example AI flying from Southeast Asia to Northern Europe by way of North America, the bug is causing this.

Does it actually make ai fly actual airways?

Yes, although there's some beta problems I'm working through (see above).

-Roland

You don't have to buy anything, just like you don't have to use this fantastic application if you don't want to.

Unless this app takes over every stage of flight including ground operations (which I don't see happening as it's far too complex of a thing to do, it took Microsoft a decade or more to get to this point) then there is no way it can stop traffic from stopping a long way behind you on the ground. That is a function of the AFD file or AFCAD as it used to be called. The person who built the AFD file didn't put enough nodes on the taxiways, so in your case if a plane really did stop 1000 meters away (yes I know you are exaggerating massively :)) that was because the nodes on that taxiway were 1000m apart.

Cheers, Andy.

I now find the FSX crashes on closing with an ntdll.dll error showing in the log file. I have never experienced this before  - only after using the program.  I've tried everything to fix this. I suspect that the FSUIPC has been corrupted someway, can the program have done this and is there any other instances reported of this?

I haven't experienced this, but I'll keep an eye out for it.  Let me know if you find out any new information.  Unfortunately, although AIController will not make any permanent changes to FSX, it is possible that programs interfacing through simconnect to FSX can crash FSX.  I ran into this problem with an earlier version (now deprecated) that assigned temporary flight plans to the AI.  

Regarding taxiing, do you think it's possible to stop making ATC to stop like 1000 meters back from my airplane, I mean they have plenty of room to follow, I'm not going to bite (stop hard Lol) 

I don't control taxiing now, but that's my ultimate end goal.  There's many interesting taxi parameters that I want to give the user control over and your suggestion is a good example:  the clearance area required by a taxiing AI.

-Roland

You continue to amaze me Roland, I really do hope you can pull this off and take over ground ATC too.

Cheers, Andy.

Maybe you could get in contact with the ADE developer and develop a new AFD-Standard and a future ADE Version could convert the default AFDs.

Daniel

Unless this app takes over every stage of flight including ground operations (which I don't see happening as it's far too complex of a thing to do, it took Microsoft a decade or more to get to this point) then there is no way it can stop traffic from stopping a long way behind you on the ground. That is a function of the AFD file or AFCAD as it used to be called. The person who built the AFD file didn't put enough nodes on the taxiways, so in your case if a plane really did stop 1000 meters away (yes I know you are exaggerating massively :)) that was because the nodes on that taxiway were 1000m apart.

Good points, ground operations are very complicated.  I'm working my way toward it.  I've known for some time now that my program can "taxi" AI around nodes at an airport (easier than landing the AI on a runway), but the second challenge (for me at least) was taxi routing.  I think I'm getting a handle on that due to my experience with a significantly more complicated jetroute network.  The third challenge (that I haven't really experimented with yet) is a versatile way to read the taxi networks from various FSX files at airports monitored by AIController (as you mentioned).  I also have to look into the question of whether I should take over injecting AI, which has some drawbacks.

-Roland

And then you just need to do an ATC program and you will be in the FSX History books, automatically :Applause: . 

Keep the great work!!!

I'm very impressed with what this program does. One actually must maintain speed discipline on NYC arrivals- whereas before aircraft would approach the airport from random locations.

Hello, thanks for the answer again. Unfortunately, on final approach, the turboprop ones continue approaching in 95-105 knots. I have just put waht you recommend to me but nothing change. i suposse i havent done it well. i put:

AITrafficSpeedAdjust = 1
AITurboPropSpeedAdjust = 1
AIPistonSpeedAdjust = 1
AISeparationDistance = 0
AIHoldingAllowed = 3
//Note: or 2, 3 or 4
AIFinalApproachSlowDownScalar = 1
AISpeedIAF = 145
AISpeed1700 = 145
AISpeed1000 = 145
AISpeed500 = 145
AISpeedTouchDown = 145

sorry for ask again the same thing. am i forgetting something?

Hi there. I also wanted to say, great program. I just wanted to ask a question: The new AIController version controls everying from takeoff to landing. When does the takeoff controll take effect. Is this after the AI has entered the runway for takeoff or does it already control the entering of the runway? The reason I am asking is the following: I like to use VOX ATC, but I don't like the VOX ATC AI traffic. So what I end up doing is using Ultimate traffic 2 as AI, VOX ATC to control my Aircraft (turning VOX ATC AI traffic to zero) and I used AISIDSTAR (and now AIControl) to control the AI Aircraft that they don't get into my way. This worked really well apart from landing at busy airports. I had it several times, that I was on short final and and AI was taxiing on the runway ( I could not say if this happens as well with AIControl as I have only done a few flights so far). Now, if the new AIController version would stop the AI from entering the runway, while I am on short final (similar to what Radar Contact does, which freezes the AI ground traffic while I am on short final) then this would be great. If it does not do this, then this might be a suggestioni to implement. I have read, that you are planning to implement ground AI control at some point. Maybe this would be a useful starting point.

Again: great program, love it.