Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Ai Controller (Sid, Jet Route, Star And Final Approach) Beta

Hi Roland, thank you so much for all your hard work.

+1

Roland, can you tell us at which time the control of the taxi sequence begegins/end?

Is the pushback also affected? As we know, pushback of the AI is also "stupid", will be pushed also when it isn´t necessary, is pushed only a few meters and turns at place... Is there anything you will change?

I could live without an animated PB-Truck, but if the AI-Aircraft would be pushed to the first taxinode that has 45-90° deviation from the parking position HDG, it would be one more milestone...

Ugh, LOWI should work, there's custom STAR and final approach files for it.  A readme.pdf links to a demo video showing the approach being performed.  The AI does go out of the way a bit by intercepting RATT (Rattsburg?), turning, then descending through the valley.  Does the AI even seem to be intercepting RATT?

Anyway, the whole approach section is being massively re-worked right now.

What happens on the runway 08 approach is they come over the hills at around 13,000 ft descend for awhile to around 5,000 ft go past the airport and then take a sharp left turn straight through the mountain side, turn back westwards, still flying inside the mountain mind you, and they never return from there, the flight gets listed as cancelled on Super Traffic Board.

Sound strange :blink:

For me LOWI works basically (though i don´t really love that the approach mode has to start too soon. but when i don´t follow the AI to close, i don´t see the extended landing gear).

Did you try to monitor the waypoints? Would be interesting to know which waypoint is commanded before the Aircraft is turning left. Maybe he missed a waypoint and tries to turn arround to catch it again (might happen when the flight dynamics are poor). Additional a program like FSC or Plan-G helps to follow the track all its way before something goes wrong.

This sounds really interesting and could revolutionise AI In FSX! Keep up the good work.

Just one question, will this still work with external ATC programs that control ground traffic such as Radar Contact and ProATC?

WAT1036.png

Just one question, will this still work with external ATC programs that control ground traffic such as Radar Contact and ProATC?

Wait another year and Rolands masterpiece will replace the ATC :Praying:

This sounds really interesting and could revolutionise AI In FSX! Keep up the good work.

I've been using it with PRO-ATCX and all works fine.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

I'm a recent convert to AI Controller and the suggestion I'm about to make may have already been made earlier (I have to admit to being a bit time poor at the moment and haven't the resources to search to find out).

Anyway, I loaded the AI Monitor earlier and populated it by Starting AI Controller and Collecting the relevant data.

The screen filled as my area of interest was Hong Kong and China with numerous airfields in the reality bubble area. 

What I thought would be useful would be the ability to filter airports from the AI Monitor screen e.g. to identify say Hong Kong as the only field represented and to be able to swap the displayed data using the filter to include others after say take off. This would keep data displayed relevant to the area in which I am operating. If this is already possible and I know it can be through the .INI file in a loose sort of way but not without shutting down and reloading AI Monitor after amending the replacing the .INI file.

Just a thought.

I didn't really want to get into the whole piracy discussion again, which is why I just posted a link to the original thread about ICE.

Has Ai Controller compatible with FSX: Steam?

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

So just an update on the LOWI issue, in the new version the aircraft do end up landing, but they get vectored way off course first. To land on runway 08, they fly over the airport and upto around 30 nm away from it before turning back again and coming in for the visual approach. Strange!

And also in a separate issue, I noticed while taxiing for take off at EDDM, the aircraft coming into land were doing some really weird things. They would be descending normally, then all of a sudden start rising up like in slew mode or something for a few hundred feet, then start descending again, then up again, then down to land. Could be a setting in my .ini file? Has anybody else had this issue?  :(

Boy oh boy am I late to this party.  I just spent 2 days reading every post from AISIDSTAR and AI Controller.  :)

First of all Roland you have done amazing work, I've been dreaming for years for AI to use SIDs/STARs.  This is a dream come true :)  Congrats on everything you've done so far.

AI has been so neglected in FSX on this type of level since the demise of Project A.I. many years ago.  Jim S. it's nice to see you again since FX beta. :D

I'm about to go ahead and install AI Controller.  I have a couple of thoughts and questions after reading through what seems like 1001 posts :D.  And Roland I sure don't want to add to feature creep too much ;-)

Ideas:

1. At YBBN and other airports most airlines only use high speed taxiways such as A5S, A4S, A6 & A5.  See diagram.  Now that you're able to control AI to the gate is there any way (perhaps a maximum aircraft weight assigned in the AFX/AFD/AFCAD taxiway files) to ensure airliners only use certain taxiways.  Also in YBBN departing aircraft taxi out via taxiway B and in via taxiway A (or vice versa <- I need to verify which way round it is).

2. When I was learning to fly in Australia often times for traffic spacing (we'd be flying Piper Tomahawks at 70-90kts while F-111's were in the circuit), the tower would instruct us to do an orbit (on the downwind leg).  If AI controller had control of any aircraft flying a regular circuit could this be an option to include to help with spacing?  Basically an orbit is a 360 degree 2 min turn just to add spacing in the circuit.  This is similar to what you're doing with SIDs/STARs.  Might be cool in future if this was an option as well.  (Just a future wishlist item but not critical).

3. Would it be possible to make the SID/STAR procedures operate on time of day?  e.g. some airports have noise abatement procedures at night, so AI Controller turns off all daytime SID/STARS and only uses the ones authorized for certain hours of operation.

Questions:

1.  Much further into the future, how hard would it be down the track to develop a dumbed down version of AI controller (maybe a separate app) to control A) ground objects (i.e. move object "animated elephant" from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2...... to waypoint 33?   B) ship/vessel traffic?  One would allow us to add in animated wildlife into the sim anything from the animated wildlife (currently only available in the missions), to moving people, to custom non-road moving vehicles, to kite surfers or even surfers on waves, or even golf buggies on golf courses.  Even further it could be used to place satellites in space (or at least an effect) so we can see moving satellites blinking across the sky at night.

2.  Does anyone have a good UT2 .ini configuration for AI Controller?  I'm about to start tinkering :)

3.  I was just looking at Guam (AB WonPat) International Airport (PGUM) and noticed it doesn't have any SID/STARs but only uses IAP's with ILS, RNAV (RNP), RNAV (GPS), TACAN, VOR, VOR-DME and NDB/DME arrivals.  Would AI Controller be able to handle any of these types of approaches?  I'm assuming RNAV yes but the others not yet?  https://www.airnav.com/airport/PGUM

4.  At YBAF where I learned to fly they separate ATC frequencies based on departures North and South (i.e. 10L/28R is 123.6 and 10R/28L is 118.1).  Would it be possible to use AI Controller to set the inbound points (mt Cootha, Target, Swanbank etc) and direct traffic to specific runways for each frequency.  I'm still not clear on my question here, so please bear with me.  I can clarify further tomorrow (my head is foggy after 57 pages of AI Controller posts) :D

Humbly Yours and with Utter Respect,
Dean,

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Just a note, AI Controller works fine with FSX: Steam Edition.  It all hooks in fine, just need the updated FSUIPC client from Pete Dowson.  Spent a couple of hours following AI around YBBN.  Was an amazing experience.  Can't wait for the new Navigraph data to come out in 24-48 hours.

I'm also wondering, I work with a lot of GIS data.  Is it per chance possible to have a converter to go to and from .SHP files (for point data)?  Or even from KMZ/KML.  This would make generating new custom SID/STARs easy for end users.  They could just go from GIS software or Google Earth to design their custom SID/STARs and then quickly convert them for use with AI Controller.

I'm more than willing and able to help spec out the format.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Hey Roland,

I am a big fan of AI Controller and would first like to thank you for the effort you are putting in this little yet revolutioary programme. I am also very looking forward to what you are going to come up with on handling AI aircraft on the gound.

I noticed however that when using AI Controller (I read that you put AI in slew mode) the aircraft animations do not not work anymore, e.g. the tilting main gear on the heavies (A330/A340 for instance). It is especially noticeable when using the new FAIB 747-8 as the neither the gear suspentions nor wingflex works. When switch AI Controller off they do.

Is there any way to make animations work again when using AI Controller?

Cheers

Nizar

So just an update on the LOWI issue, in the new version the aircraft do end up landing, but they get vectored way off course first. To land on runway 08, they fly over the airport and upto around 30 nm away from it before turning back again and coming in for the visual approach. Strange!

And also in a separate issue, I noticed while taxiing for take off at EDDM, the aircraft coming into land were doing some really weird things. They would be descending normally, then all of a sudden start rising up like in slew mode or something for a few hundred feet, then start descending again, then up again, then down to land. Could be a setting in my .ini file? Has anybody else had this issue? 

If you have autogen approach selected, then it means that recording was bad and should be remade