Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Ai Controller (Sid, Jet Route, Star And Final Approach) Beta

Hi Jaime !

Hope this is kind of answer you are looking for Dietmar.

Yes, absolutely, many thanks for the very detailed explanation !

First I had the problem, that the converter utility doesn't work at my system. So I had to do the conversion manually, and I had to fight hours with the DOS-commands But finally I could find it out., and everthing seems to work fine now.

My method is to instruct AIController to monitor all the airports of all the countries that my flightplan will take me over

As I have only a few destinations (FSX airport-sceneries), I have only converted about 40 sid/stars for this associated airports. So an additional question : Is this enough, or is there an advantage to build sid/star conversion-files also for the airports, which I don't approach at the surrounded area ?

As I have only a few destinations (FSX airport-sceneries), I have only converted about 40 sid/stars for this associated airports. So an additional question : Is this enough, or is there an advantage to build sid/star conversion-files also for the airports, which I don't approach at the surrounded area ?

If you only want to convert certain airports, then just copy and paste the files for the airports you want from the PMDG SIDSTAR directory and place them in a directory of your choosing. For example, create a SIDSTAR folder in your AIController directory and paste the SIDSTAR files you want into there. Now all you have to do is point the converter utility to that folder instead of the PMDG directory.

There is no real advantage to be gained by converting a lot more airports, if I'm honest. It's just the way I like it to set up my sim lol! It just means I have to wait a little longer before AIController is fully up and running. Using only the airports you are flying in and out of will save you considerable time on initial load.

I would try only using the airports you want at first, to get a feel for how the program works and get it set up to your liking. Then maybe further down the line you can convert the rest.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

I would try only using the airports you want at first, to get a feel for how the program works and get it set up to your liking.

Just did that and tuned my ini-file to :

AIHoldingAllowed = 3
AISeparationDistance = 2

I've just observed the approches at EDDL for a while and there was no go-around by AI-aircraft anymore - great !  :rolleyes:

Thanks again !

Dietmar

I'm looking forward to version 1.4 !

chumley, on 09 Jan 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

Just raising this issue from an earlier post in case it slipped through the cracks.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy, does sorting on the destination and departure columns help any?  All of the AI (as presented in the monitor screen) is limited to the geographical area represented by a reality bubble of about 100 nm around your current location in the sim.

It would to some extent but if you sort on destination the departures would be scattered and vice versa. A configurable filter on both departure and destination columns would enable all the relevant data for the field being used by the user together.  

Does anyone know if this program fixes the problem of AI aircraft disappearing over the atlantic/pacific when using the Ultimate Traffic 2 package- they have a bug, however with AISIDSTAR controlling things, maybe it's been solved.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Does anyone know if this program fixes the problem of AI aircraft disappearing over the atlantic/pacific when using the Ultimate Traffic 2 package- they have a bug, however with AISIDSTAR controlling things, maybe it's been solved

No it does not. UT2 has some problem that no one can seem to find that makes it do that.

Ok, I run AIController on FSX:SE in good condition, but I discover a issue. Not sure if the problem has by AIC or FSX. Sometime, some aircraft on final landing on a airport, touch the runway and disappear,appears teleported on a parking with the aircraft parked on them. Not sure what happens.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Landing and disappearing usually means that no parking space is available for the plane at that time.

Ok, I run AIController on FSX:SE in good condition, but I discover a issue. Not sure if the problem has by AIC or FSX. Sometime, some aircraft on final landing on a airport, touch the runway and disappear,appears teleported on a parking with the aircraft parked on them. Not sure what happens.

If no landing clearance is given from fsx and AIC lands the plane, it will be deleted by AIC. This is because fsx provides no taxi service without landing clearance. If the plane respawned in a parking space, I would think you have UT2 running? The next version of AIC will provide its own taxi service because fsx won't.

Yes, that correct, I have UT2 running for AI Traffic.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Roland,

Amazed with all great progress from the previous "differently named" program. Re-learning a few things and seeing the additional codes, but I guess I am still the only one interested in military style IFR to overhead (360 patterns) arrivals? Looking at maybe adding autogen "curved ILS technique" approaches from an AIC controlled STAR, probably the closest I can get?

As a non-PMDG user, still spending time making my own SID/STAR files for AIC, of course as suggested using ADE to get coordinates.

Roland,

Amazed with all great progress from the previous "differently named" program. Re-learning a few things and seeing the additional codes, but I guess I am still the only one interested in military style IFR to overhead (360 patterns) arrivals? Looking at maybe adding autogen "curved ILS technique" approaches from an AIC controlled STAR, probably the closest I can get?

As a non-PMDG user, still spending time making my own SID/STAR files for AIC, of course as suggested using ADE to get coordinates.

you don't use any pay ware aircraft that requires airac data?

Interested such nuance... Numbering runway in new charts may differ from the numbers in the active AFCADs simulator. Does the AIConv checks these AFCADs upon conversion? If not, then you must do it yourself. This is an important condition for the program.

Sorry for my language.

This is, what the current Manual says:

"> ENTERING RUNWAY DATA. Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description
(for whatever airport scenery you are using). Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway
numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions. If the runways do not match (STAR
versus FSX), AIController will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the closest entry point to
the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always. For
Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AIController will try to choose the final approach file
that best matches conditions at the airport, however the results may again be unpredictable.

I think, the best is to use an Add On that is matching to the FMS Data or at least modify the AFD of the outdated Stock Airport and safe it as an Addon Scenery.

But i don´t know how it will work in the next Version.

Now over one week late... obviously the challenges turned out more difficult than expected

Now over one week late... obviously the challenges turned out more difficult than expected

Yes...the challenges of life!  Roland is a student, holds a job, is a husband, a father...AIController is his hobby, and we're just lucky that he decided to share it with us.  He's not late...it's not a commercial product.  He said he was aiming for last weekend, but his hobby is secondary to real life....like it should be for all of us!!   :) 

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png