Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Ai Controller (Sid, Jet Route, Star And Final Approach) Beta

He's not late...it's not a commercial product.  He said he was aiming for last weekend, but his hobby is secondary to real life....like it should be for all of us!!   :) 

Different point of view, same result. He missed his own "forecast", but you´re right, Roland is the only one who decides, when he works and when he joins other activitys.

When he decides to stop developing for a month and take Samba lessons... he has the full right! :lol:

When he decides to stop developing for a month and take Samba lessons... he has the full right! :lol:

Ooof!  I'd probably trip over my two left feet, break my pelvis and get a concussion if I did that!!  :lol:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi all,

last days I've discovered a problem with AIController :

At the AFCAD by Aerosoft's EDDL there was only the runway 23R released for landing. Now I have also the 23L enabled for landing (by ADE), and now I realized that the AI-aircrafts which are approaching  the 23L.are braking very hard for a full stop after landing, to leave the runway at the first exit for the taxiway.. This behavior not only looks pretty unrealistic, but also results in head to head situations on the taxiway. This happens only, as I have running AIController.

So Is there a way to bring the AI aircrafts to a longer landing by AIController ?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Kind Regards

Dietmar

Hi Dietmar,

If you check on page 4 of 7 in the "Quick Reference Goal Guide" there is a couple of parameters you can add to the AIController ini file.

AIRollOutSlowDownScalar=1.5

AIRollOutTime=25

Read the guide as there is a little bit more to it than just adding those two lines.

Alan Finch

Windows 11, Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHz, RAM 32GB 

Now over one week late... obviously the challenges turned out more difficult than expected
Yes that is correct. Something came up.

Hi Dietmar,

If you check on page 4 of 7 in the "Quick Reference Goal Guide" there is a couple of parameters you can add to the AIController ini file.

AIRollOutSlowDownScalar=1.5

AIRollOutTime=25

Read the guide as there is a little bit more to it than just adding those two lines.

Thanks for Your fast reply !.I have added this lines, with the following values, which also was accepted by AIController :

//**********************************************

//Adjust to suit (higher number mean less AI speed reduction

//and thus longer rollouts).

//

//

AIRollOutSlowDownScalar=2.5

//

//

//Adjust to suit (time AI is allowed to slow down).

//

//

AIRollOutTime=40

//

May be the values are not the right, but the same behavior as before. The AIConv.-controlled aircrafts stop immediately at the first runway-exit. It seems, that they catch the first taxi-node, that they can get. Would it be also possible by AIController to let the AI-aircrafts touchdown a bit later, so that they can glide over the nodes of this early exit ?

Sorry, I'm not yet very familiar with the possibilities of AIContoller and a little confused by those lots of parameters.

To be honest, i wouldn´t spend to much time to tickle with the current version as 1.4 is pretty close (at least i hope) and the changes especially in the phase between approach and engine off are huge.

So maybe the very most of the parameters are to be changed...

It would to some extent but if you sort on destination the departures would be scattered and vice versa. A configurable filter on both departure and destination columns would enable all the relevant data for the field being used by the user together.  

Thanks for this suggestion, I get it know.  I added the filter and it has been very helpful to me personally debugging v1.4.  

If no landing clearance is given from fsx and AIC lands the plane, it will be deleted by AIC. This is because fsx provides no taxi service without landing clearance. If the plane respawned in a parking space, I would think you have UT2 running? The next version of AIC will provide its own taxi service because fsx won't.

It could definitely be that and I have also noticed FSX deleting the AI after landing for lack of parking spaces as mentioned by Jim.

Re-learning a few things and seeing the additional codes, but I guess I am still the only one interested in military style IFR to overhead (360 patterns) arrivals? Looking at maybe adding autogen "curved ILS technique" approaches from an AIC controlled STAR, probably the closest I can get?

Thanks, I actually could add automatic "generic" circle approach patterns to all monitored airports.  It would be similar to how I added "generic" rectangular approach patterns (downwind, base and final) in ver. 1.4 (if the user doesn't want to use approach files converted from nav data or custom-written finals).  The math is a little different, however based on my experience with the rectangular patterns it  would take a LONG time to debug.   I'll think about it.

In FSX , FSX Steam or Prepar3d the Stock Data will modified by this Tool

Yes, that should be fine (if the tool you linked to works).  I've actually read about that tool before, in your experience, does it work ok?

Different point of view, same result. He missed his own "forecast", but you´re right, Roland is the only one who decides, when he works and when he joins other activitys.

When he decides to stop developing for a month and take Samba lessons... he has the full right!

It is getting close...the delays so far have only been for troubleshooting (if I find a bug, that naturally keeps me from posting the beta).     

Ooof!  I'd probably trip over my two left feet, break my pelvis and get a concussion if I did that!!  :lol:

Tell me about it, my kids complain that I barely move when playing soccer with them.  At my age, I have to protect my legs!

To be honest, i wouldn´t spend to much time to tickle with the current version as 1.4 is pretty close (at least i hope) and the changes especially in the phase between approach and engine off are huge.

So maybe the very most of the parameters are to be changed...

I agree with this!

Hello!

Maybe, this question shouldnt be here but, i can see that here: we mind with ai traffic!.

Thats why i was asking to myself: am i the only one who is worried about the lights of ai aircraft?. Suddenly, in the great prepar3d v2.4, i can only see the strobe and nav lights of ai traffic in 10 km (more or less). More than 10 km : they dissappear. I have seen that traffic night lights drawing is not like this in fsx, of course.

I asked to myself again: why all those simmers that are worried to see the farthest cloud, mountain or runway, are not thinking or wishing to see the sky full of planes flying at night as in fsx?...i went to those forums and the ignore me. (not all, but almost)...

so, i enter here. We love the aitraffic, we need them flying and we need to see them: crossing the horizon, landing with intense lights, taking of...shining. More than 5 nm away!

is there anyone of you that can suggest me?. Sorry, i dont write very good, but i hope im sending my feelings about the diferrence between flying at night or sunset with or without planes shining.

thanks again. and wow! version 1.4 is near!

Hello!

Maybe, this question shouldnt be here but, i can see that here: we mind with ai traffic!.

Thats why i was asking to myself: am i the only one who is worried about the lights of ai aircraft?. Suddenly, in the great prepar3d v2.4, i can only see the strobe and nav lights of ai traffic in 10 km (more or less). More than 10 km : they dissappear. I have seen that traffic night lights drawing is not like this in fsx, of course.

I asked to myself again: why all those simmers that are worried to see the farthest cloud, mountain or runway, are not thinking or wishing to see the sky full of planes flying at night as in fsx?...i went to those forums and the ignore me. (not all, but almost)...

so, i enter here. We love the aitraffic, we need them flying and we need to see them: crossing the horizon, landing with intense lights, taking of...shining. More than 5 nm away!

is there anyone of you that can suggest me?. Sorry, i dont write very good, but i hope im sending my feelings about the diferrence between flying at night or sunset with or without planes shining.

thanks again. and wow! version 1.4 is near!

This is one of the main reasons why I wont into xplane. It ai systems are no where near detailed and extensive as fsx.

Yes, that should be fine (if the tool you linked to works).  I've actually read about that tool before, in your experience, does it work ok?

I tried it before FSX was ready to use at FS9

Honestly, due to the fact that this tool try to modify literally hundreds of bgl´s because the navaids are scattered in thousand folders, i keep my hands away now.

It might be save to use it at a vanilla P3d/FSX out of the box, but to me it seems to dangerous to use it with a individual patched and upgraded ( Add Ons) Simulator.

Nobody knows what happens on a matured FS.

First off this sounds like a tremendous add-on. I am not close to a computer genius so my question is how easy is this program to use? Also it's probably covered in this thread or the previous one somewhere but for each airport do you have to manually enter everything for a sid/star or does the program gather all that information automatically? 

The Software is shipped with an external SIDSTAR Converter, that is collecting the Sid´s and Star´s from a PMDG Navaid file.