Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Ai Controller (Sid, Jet Route, Star And Final Approach) Beta

And without that PMDG file you need to be able to grab a NavGraph file from the Internet.

And without that PMDG file you need to be able to grab a NavGraph file from the Internet.

So I assume because I have PMDG aircraft I have this file?

Yep!  ^_^

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Maybe outdated if you not update regular via navigraph or aerosoft, but nevertheless usable!

Maybe outdated if you not update regular via navigraph or aerosoft, but nevertheless usable!

Thanks, yea I use navigraph to keep the airac cycles current. 

Hi Roland, long time lurker, first time poster on this thread.

I just got P3D2.4 and downloaded v1.3b of your incredible software to find that I am getting this error... "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I've been searching avsim for the past hour for anything related to this problem, and could only find it brought up by crwk78 in reply #162.  What does this error message mean and how can I fix it?  I'm very excited about the realism that this program can deliver, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

So I downloaded it and saw all the airports/areas that the program covers very cool. I am wondering though is there a guide or something that explains how to manually input sids/stars for airports/areas that are not covered in those files?

Where is the file that stores the "taxi data". I ask because there is no indicator that Ai monitor finished the scan.

Where is the file that stores the "taxi data". I ask because there is no indicator that Ai monitor finished the scan.

Taxi control is not yet implemented. Due in version 1.4 if I understand correctly.

Hi Roland, long time lurker, first time poster on this thread.

I just got P3D2.4 and downloaded v1.3b of your incredible software to find that I am getting this error... "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I've been searching avsim for the past hour for anything related to this problem, and could only find it brought up by crwk78 in reply #162.  What does this error message mean and how can I fix it?  I'm very excited about the realism that this program can deliver, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Good news, I solved the issue I was having and for those of you with P3D encountering it, here's how I did it.

P3D doesn't load any of the FSX SimConnect files that many programs are written with, so the problem is simply that the programs can't find it.  The solution lies in the ...Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface folder.  There you'll find folders for the base FSX, SP1 and SP2-Accel and in each of these folers is a retail\lib folder strcuture.  In the lib folder is a SimConnect installer.  Start with FSX and install SimConnect, then move to the SP1 folder and repeat.  After that, SP2 and install.  Simply written...

Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib

Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

That solved the problem.  I was certain it had to do with Microsoft Visual C++, I had installed 2008, 2010, etc and it did not seem to work.  It got quite frustrating, but the event viewer helped zero in on what to search the internet for.

Looking forward to v1.4!

Josh

Can this addon also do AI separation in the air?

On final approach yes.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Good news, I solved the issue I was having and for those of you with P3D encountering it, here's how I did it.

P3D doesn't load any of the FSX SimConnect files that many programs are written with, so the problem is simply that the programs can't find it.  The solution lies in the ...Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface folder.  There you'll find folders for the base FSX, SP1 and SP2-Accel and in each of these folers is a retail\lib folder strcuture.  In the lib folder is a SimConnect installer.  Start with FSX and install SimConnect, then move to the SP1 folder and repeat.  After that, SP2 and install.  Simply written...

Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib

Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

That solved the problem.  I was certain it had to do with Microsoft Visual C++, I had installed 2008, 2010, etc and it did not seem to work.  It got quite frustrating, but the event viewer helped zero in on what to search the internet for.

Looking forward to v1.4!

Josh

Thanks for following up with a solution.  I've been sort of pulling my hair out with your question because days before your post I read a very good side-by-side troubleshooting post on avsim or one of the other flight sim forums, but of course couldn't find it again.  My limited understanding with a side-by-side is the event log will give you a clue as to the runtime that is missing, has an incorrect version, is corrupted, etc.

Here's a pretty good post:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smondal/archive/2010/12/31/quot-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect-please-see-the-application-event-log-for-more-detail-quot.aspx

-Roland

Roland, I was sort of pulling my hair out with this issue as well.

I was basing my web searches on the generic side-by-side configuration that the error massage indicated.  There was very little coming up relating to FSX or P3D so I had to really dig deep into the details shown on the event viewer to find something more specific.  Once I searched for that, my solution presented itself about four links down on the first page...and it was a really simple fix.  I figure, since most P3D users are running it in parallel with FSX, the SimConnect issue is not present; however, I just upgraded my PC and did a fresh install of only P3D.

The link you provided is very informative for the side-by-side problem in general since many don't even know what it means let alone how to tackle it.  The SxSTrace application is quite tedious, so proceed with caution as it will may point you in the direction of your registry and direct you to manipulate some setting with the C++ runtime in which there are many MANY versions now.  My issue had nothing to do with the registry, so that option just led me around in circles.  In this round, the event viewer was great and web searching with what it said did the trick.  Great piece of software.

Thank you for sending the link along though.  I hope this may help anyone that runs into something similar.

Hello guys.

Sorry to ask a lame question any chance of the links to download the latest version to save me going through the 21 pages.

Many thanks

14ppkc-6.png