Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Ai Controller (Sid, Jet Route, Star And Final Approach) Beta

hi,

i was wondering with the options jet routes enabled if we can see the traffic of ultimate traffic 2 over the oceans ?

cheers

hi,

i was wondering with the options jet routes enabled if we can see the traffic of ultimate traffic 2 over the oceans ?

cheers

I guessing that that wont be possible. That because no one knows why UT2 can't visually show AI over large bodies of water even though it is simulating it there as it reappears on the other side. According to the UT2 forums, the developer has gone missing so no fixes on the horizon...

I guessing that that wont be possible. That because no one knows why UT2 can't visually show AI over large bodies of water even though it is simulating it there as it reappears on the other side. According to the UT2 forums, the developer has gone missing so no fixes on the horizon...

And that is why I stopped UT2. if that bug was fixed and new schedules it would be the best out there again

Hi everyone,

I've just made available the latest beta version 1.4, which provides significant new features.  

I've started a new beta thread under the new name to avoid confusion:  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462339-ai-controller-14-sid-jet-route-star-and-final-approach-new-beta/

Thanks everyone for your help and I hope you give a look and continue sending me excellent feedback and suggestions.

-Roland

And that is why I stopped UT2. if that bug was fixed and new schedules it would be the best out there again

UT2 is fine you just have to do the sched's yourself updating from ai alpha group and the other uploads on the libray

14ppkc-6.png

Skimmed through the thread but did not find this asked already. But is this compatible with FSXSE?

Can I delete PMDG from FSX after I have built my SID/STAR databases with AIController? 

JH

Can I delete PMDG from FSX after I have built my SID/STAR databases with AIController? 

JH

Yes you could do it, but if you want to use PMDG airplanes you shouldn't.

Well I got the program up and running with full SID/STAR setup - nicely done.  But wow, a lot of problems around me.    

1) Many, many planes around me on approach would turn very sharply, some would turn upside down, speed up to incredible speeds, and then slow down to nothing. 2) Ground traffic, a tail dragger was slowly moving across the airport field, grass and tarmac in reverse at a very slow speed.   Just a straight line, straight back.  Weird.  

I do enjoy watching the AI approaches, battling wind and trying to line up for the approach, superb!  

I'm thinking the air traffic behaviour may be more related to settings.   

FSX - box version.   AIController runs on client machine, no other AI traffic programs installed to manipulate traffic.   I do have UT2 installed.  STB runs on the client and I'm able to watch other AI through Flightsim Commander, that's where I would see a lot of really large speed fluctuations. 

JH

I do enjoy watching the AI approaches, battling wind and trying to line up for the approach, superb!  

I think this was intended for the version 1.4 thread.

-Roland

I get this warning and I have really no idea how to fix it because I really do not grasp how this app works, here is the warning I get when I run AIController.exe:

WARNING: AIController in enhanced mode but monitored ICAO EGLL (and a host of others) missing from taxi_graph.txt file. No landing at this ICAO run 'forced update' in AIMonitor.exe.

I have no 'taxi_graph.txt' file but I do have a 'jetroute_graph.txt' file. Sorry it's probably simple to fix if only I knew how.

Thanks for any help

Clive

Ignore this, wrong thread not put it on V1.4 thread.

The reason the aircraft following aborts and goes around is because that's what aircraft do. At major airports incoming aircraft are what is referred to as "stacking" . You can see this obvious activity when near an incoming runway. Since aircraft are deaccelerating they are in fact losing altitude, this creates the stacking as the further from this line of approach the rear incoming are at a higher altitude. If you look to the rear you will see other aircraft coming in and lining up, depending on the direction the are approaching from. As the rule of thumb approaches and snorts are counterclockwise but there are instances where exceptions are made. Moreso in recent years you will here of aircraft landing at wrong airports , this is due to pilot error in reception of flight following which is a request from a pilot to follow him with radar through vectors, each vector is controlled by a specific tower, not all airports have a tower so the nearest regional tower will be in control. Example is KMIV, located in Millville,N.J., they are under Philadelphia 60 miles Northwest, but if there's a congestion they will pass it to Newark N.J. or La Guardia or Kennedy and in some instances Dover AFB. To note the triangle of Dover AFB, Lakehurst NAES, McGuire AFB and Aberdeen Proving Ground with KMIV situation along with 6 major Intl Airports and we'll over 627 other airports private and public within a 200 mile radius makes it one of the most congested airways and military flight zones in the U.S. not considering the live gunnery and bombing ranges within the state as well as offshore. Planes are diverted for basic reasons, fast approach, the aircraft just landing isn't clearing the runway fast enough, incidence on tarmac etc. Use your atc and you're problems will be simply nonexistent.