Sign in to follow this  
Hopkinsstevea

Opus For X-Plane Is It Possible And Would You Want It ?

I don't know if its possible and how much work is involved but who would like to see Opus for X-Plane? Maybe if we get enough people to respond we might be able to convince the developer that X-Plane is a viable market. If any moderators object please feel free to delete the post. 

Completely agree, I really miss Opus from FSX and would love to have something similar in X-Plane

+1. Opus was my number 1 FSX add on. Give us OPUS XP please. Maybe that should be moved to the OPUS forum.

I would be happy to have any decent weather addon with proper weather/cloud depiction etc, and I think it is one of Austin's priorities according to a recent interview. Not sure if Opus would be able to do much if X-Plane will not allow full access to external weather engines. UltraWX (EFASS) doesn't seem too bad, but probably still far from what engines like ASN are capable of in FSX/P3D.

5 responses and 123 Views that's a little disappointing it should have been the other way around come on people X-PLANE has the potential to be the best flight simulator period. Any developer looking at this thread would think twice about committing any time or energy as it appears that not may people are interested. "what a shame"

Not all x-plane users use avsim, so you can't really judge by views here. The 'other' place has a lot of X-Plane users....

I don't know if I would want it. I don't even know what this is supposed to improve. The default weather engine does a decent job for GA flying, but it would be great to find more details in higher flight levels. Does Opus for X-Plane bring winds and temps aloft ? Is it available for GNU/Linux ?

Hi,

I e-mailed Opus and asked about them supporting X-Plane.The response was negative.

Jim Morgan

Does Opus for X-Plane bring winds and temps aloft ?

well it certainly would ,the only the missing is Opus for xplane

ZORAN

Not sure about Opus as I've never used it but I do have ASN and FSGRW for FSX and like them both. I think the FSGRW devs once mentioned a while ago that they plan on releasing a version for X-Plane at some point but no idea how far along that is.

I've used EFASS UltraWX in X-Plane as well and it seems nice enough but don't think it's accurate at times.