Sign in to follow this  
Rottenlungs

Flight Simulator Poll

In your case installing XP over ME is the best and only option. XP will have no problem finding all your hardware. ME is a hog all by itself and any program running on top of it is going to be even slower. FS9 doesn't do well with ME. So ditch ME and you should see a difference in FS9. Make sure you get all the XP updates as well...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Sorry to bust your bubble but FS2k6 most likely won't be out until next year (spring of 2006 sounds good)...This is coming from very reliable sources... People I'd believe over the jokers out here who continue to spread lies that FS9 will be the last version of Flight Simulator. It's amazing the lengths some will go to to dampen people's spirits...

FS2020 

Heck since we're at it, long live FS1... :-roll I just got that back up and running. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get DreamFleet's new A36 to run on it, Whew....

FS2020 

I for one wouldn't move up to FS10 if all my add-ons weren't compatible with it I don't care what the improvments are. I've been through this so much in the past and the last straw was the PSS A320. Unlike some here I would install and use the new version and wait for patches from the various developers who's work I own before that sim becomes my primary version... I couldn't stand losing Ready for Pushback, LDS's 757/767, DreamFleet's A36/727, and my Eaglesoft birds. I would hate to see all my sceneries dusted although I think that'll be the main headache with FS10. So although I embrace this new version, I don't want to lose the add-ons I've come to love.

FS2020 

>In your case installing XP over ME is the best and only>option. XP will have no problem finding all your hardware. >ME is a hog all by itself and any program running on top of it>is going to be even slower. FS9 doesn't do well with ME. So>ditch ME and you should see a difference in FS9. Make sure>you get all the XP updates as well...Really? Sounds interesting - I need to move this to another discussion area. thanks for your advice though!http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest tango_d

FS9.1 - Love it. Owned every FS and enjoyed all of them to date in their own way. Will be straight there to buy the next version the day of release..... :-) Happy FlyinEd

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, with FS9 I did my usual, bought it, installed it, played with it, found it's good and bad sides and kept flying 2002 until I had FS9 where I wanted it and had the proper amount of DL's acquired and installed.About 3 months into FS9 decided it was time to clean house and get rid of 2002. Did my final farewell flight and deleted it from my HD and never looked back.Best to all Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Good on ya Clay. That`s exactly how I treated it too. I bought FS9 the day it was released in NZ. Ran it side by side with FS2002 until I had enough patches / workarounds to get my favourite addons running. About 3 months later I did the reinstall and did not reinstall FS2002.COuldn`t agree more about FS2000 being the worst of the recent releases. It was never smooth, even after the patches. However, when I first tried the DF737-400 in FS2000 I did discover the glory of a decent airliner sim, having been strictly freeware up to that point.CheersRottenlungs