Sign in to follow this  
Rottenlungs

Flight Simulator Poll

FS98, FS2002, and FS9 here still all installed and running. I skipped FS2000 when it was released, did buy a copy second hand but gave it away when FS9 came out. I have loads of addons for FS98 and it is interesting to check it out from time to time, although i allways liked that one best when it was running in Glide; no longer an option since i got rid of my Voodoo 5, although i have not tried an emulator. FS2002 does some things better than FS9, i prefere the full page menus and start screen, and it is a lot easier to undock the windows without having to risk a crash by switching from and to full scree mode. that said FS9 gets almost all the playing time.

FS9.1.... Much better on framerates and overall performance than FS2002 ever was... Better ATC and AI performance plus clickable Virtual Cockpits makes looking back to FS2k2 laughable to say the least... To each his own I guess... :-roll

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

100% FS2004. FS2002 has been uninstalled shortly after my purchase of FS2004.

Guest Marvel

Still an FS2002 flyer here, much better smoothness. Till I can aford some powerfull graphic cards to run FS2004.

I'm an FS2002 user :D I am completely avoiding FS9, as I want to maximise my FS2002 experience. I've never regretted it :) FS2006 will be purchased as soon as it's released ;)

I fly FS2004 and in fact, started flight simming for the first time with FS2004 back in September 2003 and love it!John

FS9, and ain't going back. Going with the flow of high tech. Looking forward for the next FS-(10??? or LongHorn(ish one)???) and its horrible prospects.

Guest kurtj

For me Fs9.I have actually both on my system but I hardly use fs2002 anymore anyways. I just tested fs2002 once since I got fs9 on my system when I ran into difficulties temporarily with fs9 to see if my other flightsim would work. When I reset everything to default clouds from the fsw program and updated the program I was back to fs9 in no time at all and fs2002 is just collecting dust.

Guest Pabra

done with fs9; desperately waiting for #10!Paul@ehgg

2K2. Borrowed FS9 from a friend to see if it'd work, but my system couldn't cope with it. As I now fly mainly with VATSIM I'm not bothered about MS ATC - don't have any problems with Squawkbox and AVC on 2K2. Also, I just can't be bothered with all the downloading, installing, etc that goes with a new version of FS.http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

FS 9Bought an expensive machine to run it, Bought ActiveSky which gives a great appearance with relatively low visibility and cloud draw distances and therefore decent frame rates, Learnt that the key to smoothness is get FSAutostart, pull plug out of wall and shut down everything including all internet protection,Spent hours (i.e. many manweeks) setting up MRAI AI and Aaardvark and other AI aircraftBought PMDG 737 and Flight1 ATR, have learnt about 10% of those 2 products, am thinking about Aeroworx Beech 200 and maybe PSS 757 when it comes outGoing to be a long time until I buy FS10Unless it does STARS and better AI and they catch me in a weak moment...........

ngxu_banner.png

Well... I knew that the majority would be FS2004 and a few (like me) still with FS2002. But no one has posted they're still with FS2000, or FS98. Just curious, where are the FS98 or FS2000 users hanging out?Like Michael (1mikel151) said right from the get go, "I have seen recent files for those versions at other sites and wondered this." Yeap, I still see FS98 files being uploaded too... So are their any FS98 users out there? I can't imagine the frame rate you must be getting with FS98???? Any ways, thanks everyone for the great replies. One day I will upgrade to FS2004 or FS2006, but the CPU's out there will have to be over 5Gig before I go... :( FS2002 is just too smooth for me, and like many people know, I'm just interested in flying IFR and shooting IFR approaches. Like a few other FS2002 users, I have too many customized panels that I enjoy. I remember when I was a little kid "playing" airplane and I was the pilot in command. Well folks, I'm 39, and guess what.... I'm still the pilot in command, but now I have to tweak things before I can fly... :D

Guest Jetfan

Yeah.., FS2002,I know what you mean about the customized panels. I use 'fantasy' panels that I have concocted, all out of works from the 'best of the best'. They're low on 'realistic' and high on 'purty'. No eye candy, everything has a function, reasonably simple and they just 'work'.I still use some aircraft from Project Freeware and Freeware Flight Group.Some of my best flight dynamics are from FS98.Don't think I can keep all that if I upgrade the sim.Cheers,Bob

2k2 now occupies an honourable spot on my shelf, great sim except for that horizon thing...Very important to me too is the more modular nature of fs9 in terms of AFCAD and AI - very easy in comparison.regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark