Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

I am a compulsive addon buyer, please recommend one of these two planes for me.

Hi all, I asked this before and only got one reply, so I'll ask again so I can make a more informed decision. What should I buy, the Feelthere ERJ or the Wilco CRJ. Don't care about performance or cost. Only complexity, sounds, flight dynamics, model, you know that kind of stuff. Thanks ahead of time,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>Hi all, >I asked this before and only got one reply, so I'll ask again>so I can make a more informed decision. What should I buy,>the Feelthere ERJ or the Wilco CRJ. Don't care about>performance or cost. Only complexity, sounds, flight>dynamics, model, you know that kind of stuff. >>Thanks ahead of time,>Jeff USAFNo contest really, IMHO: the feelthere ERJ - several miles ahead of the Wilco product. ricardo

Thanks!

Jeff

Guest Keyser Soze

Hi Jeff,uhm I would think you mean the CRJ _published_ by Wilco that was actually developed by feelThere like the ERJ. In any case, grab the ERJ! FeelThere made a big progress on this from the CRJ and it could be easily compared to products by PMDG or PSS in a level of quality!

Thanks for your reply as well, just one thing though, I wouldn't compare PSSs Airbus series to PMDG. Their Dash 8 is pretty good it seems and I haven't tried their Concorde.Jeff

Jeff

Guest Keyser Soze

I don't know about the PSS Airbuses because I'm not interested in Airbuses at all but I own their Concorde 2004 and I guess it's the most impressive aircraft add-on I own. On the other hand it requires A LOT of time studying the manual and I'm fighting it right now (and it's a fun). It has modelled every aspect of the aircraft and in this area it is even deeper than PMDG 737 (the same with RFP 747-200 where is modelled everything except pressurization). So I think PSS can be easily compared to PMDG.EDIT: I would rather say that PMDG can be campared to PSS ;-)

Can you use the navdata for the CRJ available at navdata.at for the ERJ?Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Guest Keyser Soze

As far as I know you can't :( I think it's the biggest negative aspect of the ERJ...

>Can you use the navdata for the CRJ available at navdata.at>for the ERJ?>>Thanks,>JeffNo, you cannot; but there is propietary navdata available over at the feelthere website.ricardo

Guest danowat

Why spend any money at all, simply download the new v9.4 Tu-154, simply THE most complex, satisfing addons EVER made for FS.Its a real beauty, top quality throughout, even the english documentation is top notch, it really does knock all of the other addons into a cocked hat.Dan.

I did, but I don't read, write, or speak Russian, so it's not quite uhhh useful I guess. Maybe they did it on purpose, one final small victory for Russia against the Western world.:)Jeff USAF

Jeff

Guest panda234

I have both the erj and the crj, and the later one wins hands down. I also just got the concord and it's awesome. Really awesome. billg

Guest FoxRacing07

Я люблю очень России!

Guest danowat

"I did, but I don't read, write, or speak Russian, so it's not quite uhhh useful I guess. Maybe they did it on purpose, one final small victory for Russia against the Western world.:)"Hmm.....all racism aside...........Niether do I read, write or speak Russian, but if you delve a little deeper into the package you will find that it is not neccasary.Firstly there is complete idiot-proof (just) english documentation, secondly "most" of the instruments have english tooltips."Maybe they did it on purpose, one final small victory for Russia against the Western world.:)"well duh.....of course its on purpose, its a russian plane.Anyone else who is reading this thinking that they can't use it because its Russian, you can.Dan.