Sign in to follow this  
P3R

Missing Recirculation Fan Sounds In The Ngx?

Hi

It looks like the recirculation fan sounds are missing or not programmed to the switches, the sounds of the packs enables when i flick the recirc switches.

I hope PMDG will fix this in a future update of the NGX and hopefully get the wx radar tied to ASN as well like the 773.

Can anyone confirm this or am i missing something here?

Br

Per

Can anyone confirm this or am i missing something here?

Sounds like you're missing something...

Recirc fans are actually pretty noisy, in addition to the packs.  In the 800/900, there are two RECIRC switches, and one is noticeably louder because it feeds the flight deck (I think it's the right one).

To test this (with the APU on):

Turn off all packs and recircs.

Turn on recircs (notably, the right one if the 800/900) - you should hear an air noise

Turn off all packs and recircs

Turn on the packs - you should hear a slightly different air noise

Both are rather loud, though...

Kyle Rodgers

I can hear it distinctly in the -700, but not the -800. Maybe since the -700 only has one recirc fan, the load on it is greater and thus it's more audible from the flight deck?

Michael Faia

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Hi Kyle

Tested and it works like you said, but the sound is the same at a different volume i believe.

After looking in the sound folder i dont find any recirc sound files only the pack one with i belive is the one being triggered to play at a different volume?

After looking at numerous flightdeck videos i were under the impression that the recirc sounds sounded different from the packs.

Anyways i love this bird and i do hope it will get a facelift with added features in form of a servicepack in the near future.

It's just the sound of rushing air...I don't see why it would sound differently coming through the recirc fan versus straight from the packs. Of course the volume varies with the flow

BTW I had CAB/UTIL off in a panel state which is why I wasn't hearing them in the -800.

Michael Faia

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg