Sign in to follow this  
Kyle94

Navigation Display Heading Problem

Hello everyone,

I noticed that after a few hours of flying the plane will begin to turn on its own but the heading on the the navigation display and PFD does not change at all. The route on the NAV display does not move at all as the plane is turning, its as if only the NAV displays and the heading on the PFDs are frozen. After a few minutes of this the heading circle will rotate completely around until it matches back up with the correct heading. This is the second time this has happened, after the first time I did a complete reinstall of the 777 but that did not seem to help. If anyone out there had the same problem I could really use your help.

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Richardson

✈✈ F L Y D E L T A J E T S ✈✈

It happens to me too. After a couple hours flying, if I switch the view, the cockpit displays all freeze. Right click the mouse and select view cockpit, right click again and select view virtual cockpit. You should have everything working like new. I hope this helps.

Yogev Bar Shavit

It happens to me too. After a couple hours flying, if I switch the view, the cockpit displays all freeze. Right click the mouse and select view cockpit, right click again and select view virtual cockpit. You should have everything working like new. I hope this helps.

Yogev Bar Shavit

Thanks for the tip, but do you know if PMDG is aware of the problem and are they working on a solution?

Kyle

Kyle Richardson

✈✈ F L Y D E L T A J E T S ✈✈

Did this happen while you were flying over an area (water or land) where there were no airports near you? At least not near enough for FSX to go into "airport view" when you cycle through the different views?

If so, it's a well known FSX bug, and there's nothing PMDG can do to solve it, really.

If not, I'm clueless. ;-)

Thanks for the tip, but do you know if PMDG is aware of the problem and are they working on a solution?

Kyle

I honestly don't know, this would be something you should ask PMDG, or like Thomas said, it might be FSX bug or limitation. Try what I do and see if it works. You might be experiencing a different problem. Let me know if it works.

Courseline mystery in captains ND display

Now I was doing EIDW - RPLL with Aerosoft scenery and Pacsims Manila wonder. Meaning that I put pressure on the whole thing.

I did the WARP 

1. put my arriving waypoint in top page one

2. On FSX map is moved the plane to the right position.

3. Arrived safely though in front of a wonderful thunderstorm.

4. Maked sure that the CDU didn't fly out of defined course meaning reached end of course maked a STAR and ILS approach.  

Bad weather in Manila

Coming in 3000 feet 10 nm before a turn left for a final 8 nm leg for landing:

THE MAGENTA COURSE LINE VANISHES IN THE CAPTAINS ND DISPLAY

The Copilot ND is fully working.

So I landed the plane and looked over the shoulder of the copilot, which I told to lean back so I could see something... :Hiro:

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Hey everyone ive got a problem with the 777 when you use realistic airports with pmdg the aircraft does'nt get use to the scenery and fsx will freez and i keep trying to find out whats causing the problem, but i can't. Can anyone help out? 

Hey everyone ive got a problem with the 777 when you use realistic airports with pmdg the aircraft does'nt get use to the scenery and fsx will freez and i keep trying to find out whats causing the problem, but i can't. Can anyone help out? 

This thread from two months ago has a completely different subject, I can't help but wonder why you didn't start a new thread?  Maybe you should do that, and when you do repost please be more specific with your problem: Which airport? What do you mean "use to the scenery" and does the fsx freeze happen only with the 777 and that scenery or other airplanes and that scenery?

Dan Downs KCRP

What im saying is when you use the pmdg 777, and you choose realistic airport sceneries, such as Fly Tampa Dubai rebooted, the game will be very slow, and it will just quit or freeze. So do anyone know about this problem?

So do anyone know about this problem?
Your asking your computer to render very realistic sceneries and the flip side of this is that performance will suffer.