Sign in to follow this  
dihelson

Megascenery Earth - Denver, Please ?

One important city for many people who like to fly over the rocky mountains is Denver - CO. It´s a destination from a beautiful flight from Salt Lake City to Denver and other cities, or who want to cross over Utah and Colorado. It would be very much appreciated if MSE release the city of Denver ahead of many others.

Since MSE already has Denver in both their Colorado V1 and V2 sceneries, I'm assuming you are wishing for MSE Ultra-Res Denver? Do you have either of the Colorado versions of MSE? I have both Colorado V1 and V2, and I find the textures around Denver in V1 Colorado just about as sharp as the textures in the other Ultra-Res cities I own from MSE which include Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans, and Phoenix. And the night lighting in V1 Colorado looks great and you can run autogen on top to get trees in the rockies. The problem I have with their Ultra-Res cities, at least the ones I have listed above, is they ALL have bleed through issues with MSE V2 scenery, and also have horrible water mask with gradients. On the MSE forum there IS a list with files to be excluded from the corresponding MSE V2 sceneries, but not all the cities are covered. I love flying around colorado, and what I do is run MSE Colorado V1 over MSE Colorado V2, and even at 1000ft agl the area around Denver looks very nice. I do the same thing with Utah, run MSE Utah V1 over MSE Utah V2. If I were you I'd see if you can track down a copy of MSE Colorado V1. I think it was a mistake for PC Aviator to pull MSE V1 off the shelf when V2 came out, and wish they would give customers the option to also download the V1 scenery when they buy V2 because in some areas V1 is better than V2.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Since MSE already has Denver in both their Colorado V1 and V2 sceneries, I'm assuming you are wishing for MSE Ultra-Res Denver? Do you have either of the Colorado versions of MSE? I have both Colorado V1 and V2, and I find the textures around Denver in V1 Colorado just about as sharp as the textures in the other Ultra-Res cities I own from MSE which include Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans, and Phoenix. And the night lighting in V1 Colorado looks great and you can run autogen on top to get trees in the rockies. The problem I have with their Ultra-Res cities, at least the ones I have listed above, is they ALL have bleed through issues with MSE V2 scenery, and also have horrible water mask with gradients. On the MSE forum there IS a list with files to be excluded from the corresponding MSE V2 sceneries, but not all the cities are covered. I love flying around colorado, and what I do is run MSE Colorado V1 over MSE Colorado V2, and even at 1000ft agl the area around Denver looks very nice. I do the same thing with Utah, run MSE Utah V1 over MSE Utah V2. If I were you I'd see if you can track down a copy of MSE Colorado V1. I think it was a mistake for PC Aviator to pull MSE V1 off the shelf when V2 came out, and wish they would give customers the option to also download the V1 scenery when they buy V2 because in some areas V1 is better than V2.

Yes, I mean  MSE Ultra-Res Denver - I already have the Colorado state V2, but in Denver the resolution is not very good as always. BTW there´s a freeware called Denver ( only the airport ), which is very good and somewhat combines with MSE, but we need the complete city in high resolution. Well, PC Aviator should let us costumers download MSE V1 ALSO  if we wanted to, if what you said is true, I think I made a mistake by purchasing Colorado V2 and all other states. I don´t like the resolution, indeed, TILEPROXY resolution is a lot better. They should launch another MSE with better resolution for costumers without paying more. And do you want to know when night textures will work without any problems ? I guess: NEVER! Instead of improving scenery with problems, and creating night textures, they go ahead and launch new products, money money money...