Sign in to follow this  
GeonCarlos

Updated American Livery In Download Center

Quick question, will PMDG be doing a updated American Livery for the download center.. I did searches for the new paint job but none are up to PMDG standards when they do repaints..  If not I understand, just wondering.. hopefully so...

Carlos Colon

many great aa liverys in the library.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Quick question, will PMDG be doing a updated American Livery for the download center.. I did searches for the new paint job but none are up to PMDG standards when they do repaints..  If not I understand, just wondering.. hopefully so...

Carlos Colon

Carlos,

if you'd at least state which items or elements of the existing American Airlines NC liveries you don't like or would like to see improved, you would make it much easier for other painters to improve their work. And PMDG could be aware of the details they need to get right if they plan to do such a livery.

On another note – I think I am eligible to say this – their paints are not perfect in any aspect either. One paint has that problem the other one is missing this and that.

many great aa liverys in the library.

Should be marked as the best answer. If you don't like at least one of these paints uploaded there, I am not sure if there is someone else who can do it better.

All I'm asking if PMDG is going to make a American Airlines New color livery.. not a update to there existing one. And any repaint I ever got from PMDG download is always been perfect to me which is why I always wait til they do the repaint and I download it.

Carlos Colon

Carlos, take note of the name of the poster just above yours. Do a search in the AVSIM library using that name, Christian Mohr. I'm sure you'll find two of the very best new AAL liveries out there.

Christian, sure would be nice to this done for the NGX-800 and even the -700, hint, hint...

http://easternairlines.aero/design-of-aircrafts.html

Dave

Dave Paige

Christian has a great version, and so does Chris Hicks. Both are available in the file library. They both exceed what you would find on the OC in my opinion.

+1

Chris Sunseri

The two newest ones (normal and One World livery) by Mr Mohr in particular are masterpieces. I see the NGs in the new colors all the time, he nailed it. Two smoking aces. 

-John Luis

Christian's paints are some of the very best in the library. PMDG has inaccuracies too!

Carlos,

if you'd at least state which items or elements of the existing American Airlines NC liveries you don't like or would like to see improved, you would make it much easier for other painters to improve their work. And PMDG could be aware of the details they need to get right if they plan to do such a livery.

On another note – I think I am eligible to say this – their paints are not perfect in any aspect either. One paint has that problem the other one is missing this and that.

Should be marked as the best answer. If you don't like at least one of these paints uploaded there, I am not sure if there is someone else who can do it better.

Hey, sorry to go OT but I downloaded your AA oneworld paint and it looks like there are some textures missing somehow. Could it be because of the changes to the OC? I did try removing it and re-downloading and re-installing the ptp.

e4d34891f3.jpg

Steve Caffey

Hey, sorry to go OT but I downloaded your AA oneworld paint and it looks like there are some textures missing somehow. Could it be because of the changes to the OC? I did try removing it and re-downloading and re-installing the ptp.

e4d34891f3.jpg

you'll need the other AA NC too.. it shares textures

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

you'll need the other AA NC too.. it shares textures

That solved it, thanks. If only it said that on Avsim, or the readme that comes with the file. I didn't download the other one at first because I already have Chris Hicks' paint. Anyway thanks again.

Steve Caffey

That solved it, thanks. If only it said that on Avsim, or the readme that comes with the file. I didn't download the other one at first because I already have Chris Hicks' paint. Anyway thanks again.

The ptp file sizes were a dead give away that one depended on the other. The One World was quite a bit smaller than the regular livery. Would have been nice if it was in readme but...