Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony_A

Two Traffic Separation Tools???

"Armando Di Francesco annouced the release of Flight Simulator A.I. traffic separation. With this tool you will be able to separate the traffic inbound to an airport defining a set of parameters, like minimum separation, desired separation, reduced separation zone, etc. This way you can reduce the annoying go-arounds that the AI engine of FS2004 can cause. It will be avaiable at Flightsimmer's, ProjectAI, and other major FS libraries."Anyone know about and/or going to try this when it's released???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Is this the program the 'Slews' the AI into the desired positions. At night this could make the AI look more like UFO's versus passenger jets...

FS2020 

I've only seen that happen once in about 10hrs. running it. This is Armando's program you are looking for though, I don't know of any other.

Theres another one called AIsmooth.. It sends AI aircraft into holding patterns instead of slewing, Ive heard alot of good about it but the program does not work on my computer, he should be releasing a fixed version on Monday. http://www.sg-flightware.de/ he also has a support forum on flightsimmer.com.a post from the author in his forum ;-) sounds awesome to me.----------------------------------------------------... please.I think I have addressed most of the problems mentioned so far, but I need to do some more testing before releasing the next version.I dreamed up another goodie (I hope), though. It's a small step toward STAR's.AISmooth will note, if the first plane in a session lands on a runway, the location of the runway and then calculate the location of an initial approach fix, with a user-selectable distance from the runway (minimum 5 NM).As soon as this information is available, planes will leave their holding patterns not by performing a 180 as before, but by choosing a heading that will take them to this approach fix, and then continue on this heading until they are within a range of 3 NM of that point.This should reduce the number of kamikaze candidates among the AI pilots who shoot their approaches into short-short final from the sides.I'm aiming at a release on monday.Michael ------------------------------------------------Andrew

Yeh, thanks Andrew... I think this is the progam many of us have been looking for. :-jumpy

FS2020 

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I'm beta testing yet a third one. :) It seems to be going to have more features than the one released, and the one you refer too. I love this one its great.Can set it up for by individual airports, as well as indivual runways.:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...s/sign_name.jpgThere is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest ponyboy

I should be so lucky to have such a problem as too much AI that I need an applet like this! ;)

Guest frankcubillos

You can keep up to date here:http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=250>Theres another one called AIsmooth.. It sends AI aircraft>into holding patterns instead of slewing, Ive heard alot of>good about it but the program does not work on my computer, he>should be releasing a fixed version on Monday. >http://www.sg-flightware.de/ he also has a support forum on>flightsimmer.com.>a post from the author in his forum ;-) sounds awesome to me.>---------------------------------------------------->... please.>>I think I have addressed most of the problems mentioned so>far, but I need to do some more testing before releasing the>next version.>>I dreamed up another goodie (I hope), though. It's a small>step toward STAR's.>AISmooth will note, if the first plane in a session lands on a>runway, the location of the runway and then calculate the>location of an initial approach fix, with a user-selectable>distance from the runway (minimum 5 NM).>As soon as this information is available, planes will leave>their holding patterns not by performing a 180 as before, but>by choosing a heading that will take them to this approach>fix, and then continue on this heading until they are within a>range of 3 NM of that point.>This should reduce the number of kamikaze candidates among the>AI pilots who shoot their approaches into short-short final>from the sides.>>I'm aiming at a release on monday.>>Michael >------------------------------------------------>Andrew

Keep up to date, yeh right.... :-lol I think the developer and beta testers know something that you and I don't... There must be another option out there where people are actually talking to each other... Sure would have been nice if a forum link was posted on the main website for this product. :-roll

FS2020 

Login and you will see there is activity there.OHN

Well guys I'm happy to report 'AI Smooth' is a much better option than anything out there as far as I can tell. I got sick of waiting for the update so I installed the v.90 I have saved on my HD. I've been using this tool for the last few nights and it's awesome. You actually see the aircraft being diverted to holding patterns until cleared to land. I find I don't have to use this add-on for every flight (it

FS2020 

AISmooth Beta V 0.91 is now out. It corrects a few minor bugs and works great. This is an awesome add-on!KP

Can you run it via WideFS???? That's one thing I do like with AI seperation. I will give this one a try though.