Sign in to follow this  
mrb666

Gpu Card For Fs2004

Therefore I wonder if a 2 GB videocard would helped with the fps-drop on a big detailed airport such as Heathrow?

No.

To increase frames in FS9 you either reduce your sliders, tweak or up your cpu power.

The CPU is ok, maybe you need to change the video card like 2 GB, I use Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost, it's excellent for FS9, in your case you need the AMD similar to my GPU.

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Just because your video card has 1gb of vram doesn't mean going to one with 2gb is going to be any better.. It's the power of the GPU inside it that matters in that case.. 

in your case you need the AMD similar to my GPU.

There's nothing wrong with running an Nvidia GPU with an AMD CPU at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 GB is not going to help you... waste of money, I'm afraid.

Bert

I didn't know about that Dave, thanks for that info :) . Is true Bert, is not necessary 2 GB, for example a 9600 GT 1 GB (like my old GPU) with a good level of antialising was very good.

I think is necessary know the model of your GPU mrb666, probably you have a good GPU but a bad configuration is causing low FPS.

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

I'm running FS9 on a SSD. It loads textures very fast. Like I said.. I get very satisfying FPS after take-off with almost everything maxed out. So I think my CPU is strong enough, but I suspect that the GPU could be a bottleneck when I'm taxiing around on those payware airports.

This is a guess - but my suspicion is that your CPU is choking on the detail add-on airports, more than your GPU.. that is the more likely case..

Bert

Try using :- fs_affinity_v2_267238.zip

It allocates FS9 to one core and other progs/services to the other core(s), up to 4 cores.

I found it made a big improvement, especially when using Afcad/ADE9x.

I think I got it here at Avsim, but it was a long time ago.

Colin B

mrb666 try adding the statement ...

TextureMaxLoad=8  (experiment with what best suits your computer but "10" is max.)

to the [Display] section of your FS9.cfg.

This document is found in Users/[Your Name]/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FS9 under Win7. You may have to turn off Hidden Folders in order to see this sequence.

This addition is purported to maximise texture loading of your graphics card.

As you have found FS9 also works best if you lock your framerate ... try 30 or less. The 32/33 you have set works best with nVidea Inspector set to half refresh rate.  If you don't use that technique just drop down to 30 fps and taste.  :P