Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

Nvidia 340.52 Driver...anyone Tried It Yet?

I have yet to download and install but I have heard that this driver stuffs the Tessellation.

I'd be interested to hear from the forum experts as to their experiences before I commit.

Cheers

Steve Hall

There was another thread earlier today. Do not use if running P3D v2.2.

Mario Di Lauro

Hmm, new nVidia driver, always a roll of the dice.

spacer.png

I made the mistake of installing it. now I am starting from ground zero with a new install of Prepar3d V2.2  it screws with the ground textures.

For some reason my nvdia driver keeps on crashing when I'm attempting to land....very annoying. I think I overloaded it with the settings.

A fix for the tessalations coming soon?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Didn`t work for me could not get the resolution for three monitors.........I use FSX....

Brian

I think the tessellation bug reported earlier is correct.  Surface rendering was FUBAR when I tried 340.52.  I'm amazed Nvidia hasn't pulled it for overhaul.  It's still up for download.  Hard to believe.

337.88's working for me at present.

Don't use the 340.52 for P3D v2.3 together with tessellation. You may get the blue triangles. The next driver will have fixed this fault.

I think the tessellation bug reported earlier is correct. Surface rendering was FUBAR when I tried 340.52. I'm amazed Nvidia hasn't pulled it for overhaul. It's still up for download. Hard to believe.

Do you think P3D v2 is the only application running with nVidia drivers? Other games doesn't have problems, so why should they pull this driver away? Wait for the next driver and till than use 337.88.

Spirit

<< Do you think P3D v2 is the only application running with nVidia drivers? Other games doesn't have problems, so why should they pull this driver away? Wait for the next driver and till than use 337.88.  >>

No, I obviously don't think that.  What I DO think, however, is that Nvidia needs to consider their place in the larger scheme of things.  The last thing a market leader wants is to have customers starting to think they release buggy software, which is precisely what happened here. 

Doesn't matter if the software works in SOME cases.  When it gets to the final release, bugs are supposed to be gone - that's what beta testing is for.   And THAT'S clearly how Nvidia hoped it would work...but in this case, it didn't.  THAT'S why Nvidia should have "pulled it away".  As it stands, everyone now has valid reason to suspect each new Nvidia driver release.  That's not a good thing for Nvidia, no matter how you slice it.

And you know it'll be fixed in the next driver version, how, exactly?  You work for Nvidia?

I use GTX 550Ti 1GB and driver 340.52 for P3D v2.3 with tessellation = medium.

No problems.

No blue triangles in ground scenery.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I use GTX 550Ti 1GB and driver 340.52 for P3D v2.3 with tessellation = medium.

No problems.

No blue triangles in ground scenery.

That's great - enjoy it.

My specs include 3 GTX 780ti 3GB in SLI (but I don't think the app supports SLI), and I DO get aberrations, including ground triangles.  At the minimum, it's a single GTX 780ti.  Go figure.

And you know it'll be fixed in the next driver version, how, exactly? You work for Nvidia?

No, I'm not working for nVidia. :lol:

But reading some other forum like guru3D http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1 and GeForce https://forums.geforce.com/ gives a  wider view about nVidia drivers. I've also installed an unofficial newer driver (340.72) and it works without the triangles.

By the way, there's no need to be very impatient and eager for each new nVidia driver if you prefer it more comfortable and save. Nobody force you to upgrade the GPU driver in the minute it is announced. Wait and read what the early birds have to say. On the other hand, to go back to the "good" driver is an act of not more then 5 minutes included a clear installation.

Spirit