Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

Carenado Seneca V Released

He's been doing them since before that...probably since around the KingAirs but he also did the JetProp and the C337.  Despite a few flaws, the Mirage is really nice.

Did he do the TBM and the Phenom as well?

Despite a few flaws, the Mirage is really nice.

Interesting that Gregg should mention the Mirage, as I've moved back to flying that after giving the Seneca more flying time than I really felt like giving it.  As it stands, I'm having a very hard time warming to this plane.  Put plainly, the Mirage is simply more pleasant to fly than the Seneca, and that's from a guy who's sweet spot for planes is piston twins.

For the time being, I've hangared this one pending a service pack which I hope will take care of a few annoyances (the audio panel being the most annoying for me).  When (hopefully it's a when) the SP releases I'll probably put a bit more effort into finding a way to fix my major gripe - the sounds - something I'm sure won't change with any SP.

One of the other reasons I'm not enjoying this as much has to do with setting power.  The turbine style gauges themselves are too small to be of much use, but on Carenado's other newer Pipers that's well mitigated by digital displays of critical parameters.  Unfortunately on the Seneca, the digital readouts are as tiny as the gauges themselves and not much help.

I'll get back to this one, but not for a bit.

Scott

The Piston Mirage (PA46-350P) is the only Carenado I fly regularly.  It's a real diamond amongst some sterile, generic-feeling 'flying textures' in my opinion.   Just has a real ambience about it.   I love the electromechanical 90s style engine gauges too. :smile:

I even love the 'headphones on' style sound package with the 350P.

Did he do the TBM and the Phenom as well?

From Bernt:

I asked him and he said "...all fixed wing planes since Extra/C337 have and will have my FDE in the foreseeable future."

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I asked him and he said "...all fixed wing planes since Extra/C337 have and will have my FDE in the foreseeable future."

Yea that's what I though... which makes me laugh when some say (name of) plane doesn't feel right... if only Brent did the FDE.. when of course he's done them all! LOL.

Perception can hinge on reputation I guess.

"tested by real pilots".. they have a couple of real pilots.. the key is... they don't tell you what the real pilots say... only that they tested it. That's why marketing guys get paid the big bucks.

I haven't looked yet, so have they done the SP yet?

--

Mirage; I like it very much too.. the only thing that's bugging me with all the pistons lately, is the goofy mixture problem.. in that FSX has it wrong. Maybe down the road, someone will do a little extra code to get that right in their plane. Even RealAir V2 has the same problem. Turbo planes in particular all have the mixture thing wrong, thanks to core FSX shortcomings. For the most part, it's just better to leave the mixture in auto mode. When your at FL20, and mixture full, in short order, you should burn up the plugs. And Turbos shouldn't lose any power until their critical altitude.

/thread highjack off.