Thank-You, Chad. I can live with UHMW, if/when it wears out maybe I'll try bronze bushings with a ptfe liner. I work in a machine shop and these are readily available to me. I don't expect to wear it out any time soon mind you.

Jazz

We have also experimantent with bronze bushings they are great. but cost to performance ratio again was the issue. The UHMW is remarkably good.

Hello Chad,

I just saw the pictures of the cases returning from powder coating on your twitter page. Looks awesome!

Are these just for the Kick Starter orders or are the general Pre-Orders still on track for this month as well?

Hello Chad,

I just saw the pictures of the cases returning from powder coating on your twitter page. Looks awesome!

Are these just for the Kick Starter orders or are the general Pre-Orders still on track for this month as well?

they are for all the orders we have so far plus a couple extra. Orders will be shipped out in the order they were purchased.

Agree. That powder coat does look real nice.

cheers, Jazz

Chad,

Could you make one test? We need the situation with big forces on pitch axis like in  steep turn or landing. Then take the yoke with one(!) hand, turn it to about 70 any side and then try to move it forward-backward. The main attention here on stickiness when you try to do small movements to about 3-5mm. Check how easy you can make a micro adjustments. Not the big movements, but short in time and distance.

Normally when you drive the yoke with both hands there is no side force on the shaft, and plastic bushing do their job just fine, no stickiness, smooth fluid motion. But when you drive it with one hand the side force blocks the shaft inside bushing making it "sticky".

The real world situation I'm talking about is landing on small piston airplanes where you drive the yoke with left hand only and with right hand on throttles. All the yokes without ball bearings on main shaft I saw to the moment have the same effect of stickiness, making them unusable in this particular scenario. And what about yours? 

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Chad,

Could you make one test? We need the situation with big forces on pitch axis like in  steep turn or landing. Then take the yoke with one(!) hand, turn it to about 70 any side and then try to move it forward-backward. The main attention here on stickiness when you try to do small movements to about 3-5mm. Check how easy you can make a micro adjustments. Not the big movements, but short in time and distance.

Normally when you drive the yoke with both hands there is no side force on the shaft, and plastic bushing do their job just fine, no stickiness, smooth fluid motion. But when you drive it with one hand the side force blocks the shaft inside bushing making it "sticky".

The real world situation I'm talking about is landing on small piston airplanes where you drive the yoke with left hand only and with right hand on throttles. All the yokes without ball bearings on main shaft I saw to the moment have the same effect of stickiness, making them unusable in this particular scenario. And what about yours? 

Hey Artem,

I am a GA Pilot and I only fly with one hand I have had no issues regarding stickiness on our unit. I know that that was my biggest complaint about my saitek was how you could not make small movements at all. I will see if I can get patrick to make a video with a unit demonstrating this, no promisses on time line because he is pretty busy at the moment.

Hey Artem,

I am a GA Pilot and I only fly with one hand I have had no issues regarding stickiness on our unit. I know that that was my biggest complaint about my saitek was how you could not make small movements at all. I will see if I can get patrick to make a video with a unit demonstrating this, no promisses on time line because he is pretty busy at the moment.

Oh! Great to know that. It was my biggest concern about your unit.  Thx, Chad.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Chad,

Just saw some pictures of the demo unit on your twitter page. This thing looks sweet. Is this what the production unit is going to look like?

Sure looks sweeet!! Now we just need a video of P3Dv2.3 in action...hint, hint...  ;o) 

cheers, Jazz

Chad,

Just saw some pictures of the demo unit on your twitter page. This thing looks sweet. Is this what the production unit is going to look like?

Hey still at the show on my cell so sorry for any crazy typos. Yes this is the first look at the final product. We will have real product shots done tomorrow. (I hope) with a update.

Any chance you would do a discount if we did an AVSIM group purchase. Maybe 100 units get x discount?

I like the product at $800. At $1500 it's not an option. $1000 would be closer to reality for most enthusiasts...

supporter.jpg

Any chance you would do a discount if we did an AVSIM group purchase. Maybe 100 units get x discount?

I like the product at $800. At $1500 it's not an option. $1000 would be closer to reality for most enthusiasts...

I would absolutely be able to do that. one of the bigest problems with price for us is we are small and dont have a ton of working capital to buy 100 units worth of inventory. This makes it so some of our bulk purchasing items are not able to be purchased in a significant enough quantity to get the best pricing. If a group wanted to purchase 100 units I would beable to pass significant savings on.

I would be the first the first to sign up. Maybe have everyone pre-pay or a deposit so you could have some working capital.

Hopefully others will see your post and comment.

Thanks!

supporter.jpg

I would absolutely be able to do that. one of the bigest problems with price for us is we are small and dont have a ton of working capital to buy 100 units worth of inventory. This makes it so some of our bulk purchasing items are not able to be purchased in a significant enough quantity to get the best pricing. If a group wanted to purchase 100 units I would beable to pass significant savings on.

FWIW, perhaps put the offer in the Bargain Hunters or classifieds here on avsim. Your explanation makes perfect sense, and I think there are enough customers on avsim that would put deposits down immediately. Especially if you factor the time it will take 99 other simmers to find the post, sourcing, production, etc.

supporter.jpg

Hey, I'd be in on a group purchase of some sort if it was able to reduce the cost.  I'd be more than willing to place a deposit as well.  We all likely have our limits as to cost, but I feel that $1500 is prohibitive for many of us, even for many of us with large flight sim budgets to work with (or understanding wives...).

What you guys would need to be able to do is to do the math and determine what group purchase quantity would equal what discount.  Essentially, you could start small and scale it upwards:  20 pcs is $xxx less, 50 pcs is $xxx dollars less, 100 pcs or more is $xxx less.  That way, the community has goals to aim for and defined costs to base their purchasing decisions on.

Might be a bit of work to manage.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.