Ok so I have some options. It took a while to calculate where some of the price breaks are. It seems everything we order has a different price break qty.

25 - 50 $1399

50 - 75 $1249

75 - 100 $1099

100+ $999

who ever wants to organize it feel free and any one can contact me here or through the regular channels

Chad Grice  |  Co-Founder and CEO

Iris Dynamics Ltd  |  IrisDynamics.com

Office: +1 (888) 995-7050 Ext.100  |  Email: ChadGrice@IrisDynamics.com

Hmmm. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea on how to go about setting this up.  It obviously needs to be fair to all parties, have a way for individuals to commit to a purchase via deposit, and yet how does that work if you're wiling to put in a deposit, and then only 23 units pre-order....

You almost need another Kickstarter for this.  Deposit is $xxx dollars, goal is 25 units.  Stretch goals are 50 units, 75 units, 100 units.  If primary goal isn't reached, people who have placed a deposit get the money back.  Each stretch goal reached results in a lesser balance remaining for each purchaser.

I guess it could be up to you guys at Iris to accept deposits, keep track of how many have been placed, advertise the distance remaining to the goals, etc.  But then it's on good faith that we're receiving our deposits back if the first goal isn't met...

Or else someone from Avsim could set something up?  Is Tom aware of this?  Anyone else have other ideas?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hello Chad,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to questions on this forum.

I have two questions for you:

- Will the trim switch on the final product be the same as shown in the demo video and also on this picture: http://t.co/jx2N9DLDSH

- Since you have finalized your design and are starting production, can you give us any information about the amount of force the yoke can produce in the Pitch and Roll Axis?

Cheers,

André

Hello Chad,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to questions on this forum.

I have two questions for you:

- Will the trim switch on the final product be the same as shown in the demo video and also on this picture: http://t.co/jx2N9DLDSH

- Since you have finalized your design and are starting production, can you give us any information about the amount of force the yoke can produce in the Pitch and Roll Axis?

Cheers,

André

oh gosh no that is not the trim switch. here is the real switch https://twitter.com/IrisDynamics/status/512093691582746624/photo/1

the amount of force maximum is ~10 lbs

Thanks Chad!

Maybe we set up a thread in here with 25, 50, 75, etc. and then have an execute date of 30-90 days to get people to sign on. If a thread doesn't have enough posts by a certain date it collapses to the next lower order.

I will personally post in the 100 if that's the way we go.

supporter.jpg

This might be something for your favourite virtual airline to look in to. They have lots of members, and are quite organized.

Just a thought.

Jazz.

What about a coupon code? Basically set up a group order to be built after 90 days ex. December 18, 2014. Or, to make it easy Jan. 1, 2015.

All orders would put down a deposit, enter coupon code,and then wait for the orders to come in. The total number of orders will dictate the price. Of course someone would have to let us know the totals so we could drum up additional orders.

On the expected date all funds are due and cards are charged. Then the yokes will be ordered and assembled.

This assumes that Iris can make a bigger announcement in the Avsim forums. Not sure if this section gets many views. And that Iris' website could take an order with a coupon code.

Thoughts?

supporter.jpg

I'd be interested in participating however it gets organized, should be in a different tread accessible from the various forums as I suspect this one has limited views. 

Jim

Jim Vasto

Hello everyone,

I have put this together best I could to make it work for you guys.

here is a link to put down a deposit. It is hidden from the rest of our store so you have to follow the link. It will ask you for a password which is "avsim" good luck everyone

http://irisdynamics.com/product/avsim-group-buy-deposit/

The deposit amount is $100 to keep the price low. If you have not drummed up enough people for the deal by November 30th All deposits will be returned. if you have any other suggestions or any other question ask away. Also you can choose as many as you want so if you want to have a two yoke set up make sure you sign up for two!

Hello everyone,

I have put this together best I could to make it work for you guys.

here is a link to put down a deposit. It is hidden from the rest of our store so you have to follow the link. It will ask you for a password which is "avsim" good luck everyone

http://irisdynamics.com/product/avsim-group-buy-deposit/

The deposit amount is $100 to keep the price low. If you have not drummed up enough people for the deal by November 30th All deposits will be returned. if you have any other suggestions or any other question ask away. Also you can choose as many as you want so if you want to have a two yoke set up make sure you sign up for two!

I like it.. I'm in

Jim

Jim Vasto