3 in now is correct

I invite anyone to come and try one of our units if they can swing by the office. Alternatively I will be in Sacramento California with a unit October 14-16 and Orlando Flordia November 28 to December 5th. I am also trying to get to San Marcos,Texas the week of Oct 27th but not sure I will be able to make that happen. Who wants to meet me and try it. 

I think FroogleSim lives in Orlando. Can someone contact him and see if he can make one of his first impression videos of the Iris yoke when Chad is there in November?

Question for the group.

I'm sure most of use who are thinking about upgrading to this yoke will also need to get a throttle quadrant and some type of switch for flaps and gears. Since I do mostly GA flying can the group recommend a quadrant gear and flap combo?

Or, how would you guys rate Saitek Pro Flight throttle quadrant? I'm more of a CH product person because back in 2008 a buddy of mine had a really hard time getting Saitek yoke and rudder pedals to work in FSX. Where my CH yoke and rudder pedals was a simple plug and play.

Thanks,

Ray

I have a saitek unit and a PFC unit. I highly recommend if you can afford the extra bucks the PFC unit is just awesome but yeah you pay extra for it. On a side note we have our sites set on making our own units that will work with our yokes quite well, but these things take time.

I think FroogleSim lives in Orlando. Can someone contact him and see if he can make one of his first impression videos of the Iris yoke when Chad is there in November?

I sent him an message once telling him that everyone says he needs to try it and I am willing to make that happen if anyone can put him and I together.

I will purchase with or without the discount, I have like others just been waiting for release :)

For throttles, I can not say enough about throttletek.  Here is my customized setup with backlights :)

8604028082_6242386325_c.jpg

8602927655_749a7013a8_c.jpg

8602927465_8aed8c67ca_c.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi, do you have an ETA on the HDK yet?

We sent out all of the version 1 HDKs that were purchased. The coil geometry for the yokes are different from the v1 HDKs, so we didn't want to keep winding the v1 style coils as they do not have as smooth movements as the v2 coils. When we have completed the pre-orders and shipped all of them, we will start back with new product development and one of them will be a v2 HDK. 

For whatever reason I cannot seem to Quote a previous thread.

Anyway, Chad how long do you think before you guys start on the throttle quadrant? 1 year out? 2 years out?

As much as I want this yoke it would require me to re-think my whole (I'm sure others too) FSX hardware setup, namely throttle quadrant and maybe desk and maybe stand to hold three 24" monitors

PFC's is nice but very costly for single engine GA, $600.

Saitek is inexpensive and would do the trick until you guys develop yours...however since I'm using a standard computer desk with a pull out keyboard tray, the Saitek would not work because it would prevent the keyboard from sliding out...unless it can be moment upside down.

If you think PFC's is a good investment and that you guys will be a long ways off and maybe cost more, then I could see investing in the PFC product, because it can sit on top of the desk...next to the yoke.

Don't get me wrong I love the yoke...and think it's a great idea and very realistic...since I'm a real world pilot there's nothing more frustrating then disengaging the autopilot and have the plane take a noise dive.

Thanks,

Ray

For whatever reason I cannot seem to Quote a previous thread.

Anyway, Chad how long do you think before you guys start on the throttle quadrant? 1 year out? 2 years out?

As much as I want this yoke it would require me to re-think my whole (I'm sure others too) FSX hardware setup, namely throttle quadrant and maybe desk and maybe stand to hold three 24" monitors

PFC's is nice but very costly for single engine GA, $600.

Saitek is inexpensive and would do the trick until you guys develop yours...however since I'm using a standard computer desk with a pull out keyboard tray, the Saitek would not work because it would prevent the keyboard from sliding out...unless it can be moment upside down.

If you think PFC's is a good investment and that you guys will be a long ways off and maybe cost more, then I could see investing in the PFC product, because it can sit on top of the desk...next to the yoke.

Don't get me wrong I love the yoke...and think it's a great idea and very realistic...since I'm a real world pilot there's nothing more frustrating then disengaging the autopilot and have the plane take a noise dive.

Thanks,

Ray

Although I can not tell you exactly when we would start or finish the throttles, as I don't have that information yet, I can say that I am hoping a few months not years. Price is an unknown until we see what we would actually have in it. Our focus is the Yokes at the moment. We feel it would be bad form to be devoting time on furthering our product line until we can deliver on our previous promises of shipping pre-ordered products. 

Hello Chad, I just wanted to ask a couple of things. You mentioned that the hardware should theoretically support dual yoke setups, is it possible this will also work for multiplayer shared cockpit? If B side has control and is actively manipulating the control surfaces, will the slave side see the yoke inputs?

You have also mentioned the yoke working with FSForce, can you confirm that functions such as buffeting vibrations, gear vibrations, ground roll, are functional with the yoke?

Fay Cheung

I'm guessing that the dual yokes will not be an option now as they dropped the Ethernet support for the first version. AFAIK it's not possible in FSX to have multiple controllers assigned to an axis, it would need to be done via simconnect or a remote software that could sync the yoke connected to another PC.

Do not miss on the European market for your FFB yoke!!!

Hi guys. There is a major event coming for you on 1-2 November here in Europe/Amsterdam/Lelystad/FSweekend. It claims to be the  "Worlds biggest international flihgt simulation event". Could you please bring your unit there? You may also solicit your customers near Amsterdam or a company that has already booked the spot to display it for you. At the end of the day, I may do it for you as I am going there anyway. The event is to earn the reputation for your product and find an European distributor. Missing it is like a crime agaist FS community.

If I do the deposit, is it based on getting to 100 units?

$1000 would be my limit.

Looks like some people will be getting there's very soon! Go check out the latest news update on their website.

I hope they can manage to get a higher production otherwise I doubt I'll have mine before March of 2015. They said they hired someone to help with that, here's hoping.

So any of you (Iris Dynamics, Brunner, Flight Illusion) coming to FSweekend (http://www.fsweekend.com/index.php) to show your product? I am on the market for a ffb yoke however nobody has reviews for their product (apart from their owns). Is it so poor that your customers have nothing good to tell? Why are you hiding your products? I am close to gave up the idea and invest the money in more hours and sim with a joystick - which I believe is what I get to fly in the future real word. 

So any of you (Iris Dynamics, Brunner, Flight Illusion) coming to FSweekend (http://www.fsweekend.com/index.php) to show your product? I am on the market for a ffb yoke however nobody has reviews for their product (apart from their owns). Is it so poor that your customers have nothing good to tell? Why are you hiding your products? I am close to gave up the idea and invest the money in more hours and sim with a joystick - which I believe is what I get to fly in the future real word. 

LOL, nobody has anything delivered to be a customer yet. How can you have customers saying good things about the product when it hasn't been delivered yet?

Comprehension 101 needed perhaps?

We sent out all of the version 1 HDKs that were purchased. The coil geometry for the yokes are different from the v1 HDKs, so we didn't want to keep winding the v1 style coils as they do not have as smooth movements as the v2 coils. When we have completed the pre-orders and shipped all of them, we will start back with new product development and one of them will be a v2 HDK. 

If I do the deposit, is it based on getting to 100 units?

$1000 would be my limit.

Developers...can you help with my question?