I have been following this project since its Kickstarter, and from the looks of things on their twitter page production and shipping will be happening soon. I'm looking forward to getting rid of my Saitek pro in favor of a yoke with more precision. Has anyone had a chance try the IRIS yoke. Based on pics and videos that I have seen so far, I'm leaning towards pre ordering one.

If you ordered an HDK kit have you received it and also what is your opinion?

Also do anyone know how the force feedback functionality will work with fly by wire aircraft?

If you're not familiar with the project you can see their twitter page here.

https://twitter.com/IrisDynamics

Thanks

Jamal

I have been following this project since its Kickstarter, and from the looks of things on their twitter page production and shipping will be happening soon. I'm looking forward to getting rid of my Saitek pro in favor of a yoke with more precision. Has anyone had a chance try the IRIS yoke. Based on pics and videos that I have seen so far, I'm leaning towards pre ordering one.

If you ordered an HDK kit have you received it and also what is your opinion?

Also do anyone know how the force feedback functionality will work with fly by wire aircraft?

If you're not familiar with the project you can see their twitter page here.

https://twitter.com/IrisDynamics

Thanks

Jamal

Nice product. 800-1000 bucks is a bit out of my price range for a desktop setup. If I ever build a cockpit, I would invest in something like this.

This looks very interesting. I signed up for updates, when they start shipping I may jump on it. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I thought it was supposed to be 400-500 bucks ouch!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm looking for precision more than anything else. The price is high, but if I can do a precision landing with it, something that's very difficult to do with my Saitek yoke then the investment would be worth it. I'm on the fence with this yoke. I wish Frooglesim or Matt Davies had access to one now so that they can review it. If I could see a review, it would make the decision a lot easier. But just looking at their tech demo and pictures I'm very much impressed.

The kickstarter price was $500, expected/announced to retail for $800 CAD. They have had a few delays but, are getting back on track. I'm still waiting for delivery of my yoke. Can't wait to fly the Majestic Dhc8's, with this puppy.

Jazz

Ordered mine yesterday :D

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

For anyone getting the yoke, can you suggest a good throttle controller to replace the old Saitek one? I don't think the Saitek throttle quadrant will be compatible with the new yoke. It sure is a very exciting time to be involved in this hobby!

By another Saitek (USB version) stand alone throttle, or better yet get a pair of them, and a nice trim wheel from Saitek too, if you haven't got one already. All the other throttles on the market are overpriced crap for the most part. PFC's stuff isn't bad but I'm not sure if they work stand alone, plus if you live outside the US it will cost you an absolute fortune in Shipping as they are not sold from anywhere else.

Cheers, Andy.

The price seems to have jumped somewhat. It's now in the same price bracket as some of the other good alloy yokes. It may be that it will be far superior, but I thought the original prce, which was so much lower, would have generated a massive customer demand. At the moment it's out of my price bracket, where as before I may have preordered one.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

As far as a good throttle quadrant to go with this yoke, if you have the $$$, I would highly recommend the PFC digital throttle quadrant console, with a variety of the interchangeable quadrants to fit different types of aircraft.  I picked one up about 1-1/2 years ago and absolutely love it.  It also gives you gear and flaps switches, rudder trim and a go-around button.  It is quite expensive, no doubt, but of high quality.

Gerald

Iris Dynamics have just posted a demo video,(youtube) of a pre-release model, of their FFB yoke. IMO, it looks rather impressive.

Deliveries to begin in the next few weeks.

Jazz

http://youtu.be/IhhuVkdpLto