Sign in to follow this  
paulh1

Converting Fsx Flightplan To Fmc

Hi All

I have just downloaded a neat utility programme called Plan to Route 1.0 Which allows me to convert my Flight Plan data in FSX

to a format which can be used by my FMC in Queen of the Skies 747.

However the data base of pmdg seems significantly smaller than fSX.

So after loading the data in FMC via the company Co Route LSK I am always getting errors about certain data not being found in the data base.

And some of these are basic VOR's and not intersections.

Anyone know how I can get around this without having to manually entering the data all the time

Thx  Paulh1

Paul,

The FSX Route planner really isn't a good tool for planning flight plans for Commercial Aircraft.   I would recommend you try a Flightplanning software like PPFX or one create your routes using Flightaware using real world flightplans.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Paul,

With reference to your afrementioned reply to Paulh1 I have the following question. AFter having prepared a flightplan by means of PFPX to which location do I "Export" it? The only possible files I noticed in PFPX are for the NGX and 777.

Regards Dirk 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Further to my earlier message in this matter I want to let you know that I have found a solution and that is:

PFPX allows me to save my flightplan to the PMDG 777 from which I copy it and insert it into the 747 flightplan folder and voila,

I can use it as a comp route in the FMC.

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I use both PFPX and SimBrief interchangeably and both work very well, including the creation of an FMS-specific .rte file. However, there is a significant difference between them in one respect ... cost. PFPX costs $60 (on the Aerosoft website), while SimBrief is free.