Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

Virtual Cdu

To be honest you shouldn't need a trial, it works perfectly on iOS, and it's very fast and responsive on my iPad3, if anything it's quicker to enter data than it is on my VRInsight CDU2 in the NGX. I've no idea what it's like on Android. Oh and it looks beautifully crisp and clear on the Retina screen too.

Cheers, Andy.

I picked up both the cdu for 737 and 777.

Amazing piece of kit. No lag, easy interface and looks great.

Highly recommended

Virtual CDU works fine with the two aircrafts (Ipad). ;)

JPM

if it has Google play it will work

ZORAN

Great product and a must have.There is only one drawback for Vatsim users. Because You need the SDK In the option ini of the 777 the plane keeps sq ident when you use the vpilot client. The issue has been acknowledged by PMDG and vpilot and will be fixed with the next Update of vpilot.

i have booth virtual cdu 737 and virtual cdu 777 and they work  well

But....   download the last version of VAInterface because cdu 777 need v2.7

i have a tablet medion 10" (from aldi)

Where did you find v 2,7? Virtual Avionics only has v 2.3, you'll need to log in to see it.

My only issue is that there is no green light on the execute button when an action is to be verified. It only means I have to check if the green light is illuminated in the VC or simply press it now and then for good measure. Also a feature request would be an option to use a dark theme to be used in a dark cockpit. I flew EGLL-KBOS on Vatsim last night and the bright light from iPad is actually quite disturbing when everything else in the room is dark.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

My execute button lights up green......

If I recall correctly it didn't light up in the 737 CDU for me either. It's just a minor niggle but it's interesting that not everybody is affected. 

The iPad has a brightness control too, turn off automatic brightness control then set it manually to a level you prefer for night flying. A night theme would be better but this is better than nothing.

As you said, not really what I wan't but still the best alternative.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Just a quick question guys . I use my ipad for charts and to display the flightplan . If i purchase this app will i be able to use it and also switch between other applications to view the charts without the FMC disconnecting ?

Yes you can. I use my galaxy note 8.0 for web surfing and I just jump back into the cdu when I need to.

Yes you can. I use my galaxy note 8.0 for web surfing and I just jump back into the cdu when I need to.

ok thanks , does it need wifi to work cause i have a wired setup .

Runs through a wifi network. If your wired setup is going into a wireless router you will be good to go.

Runs through a wifi network. If your wired setup is going into a wireless router you will be good to go.

It does go through a wireless router. Ok i'll buy it and let you guys know what I think about it. Cheers

Hello, I bought it and it works flawlessly , except that my EXEC button doesn't light up . but overall i definitely recommend it  ^_^