Sign in to follow this  
CODY614

Pa34 Seneca V Gripes

Don't have the Mirage, but look for the ADF radio name in the virtual cockpit.

Then locate the xml gauge with the same name and change the clickspot locations and sizes to your liking.

It helps having a background bmp image open in MS Paint as you do this. This program conveniently gives you the cursor coordinates as you move around.

I'll send you the Seneca version, good chance that the Mirage one is similar..

Bert

Many of these gripes were covered in the Avsim review of the Seneca V.

Regards,

Ray

Edited by Jim Young
Updated link to review.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Is there a way to change the strobe lights and the rotating beacon????  I want to swap them out with Shockwave lights because the default ones are hardly visible.

Gary

Hello. I wonder sai you could modify the files of the original fairing lights Seneca V. In the original files of the aircraft comes only three files. It seems that the other; strobe, beacon, etc, lights are hidden. I copied some files to the .cfg but Redux beams taxi and landing lights are off site. I can not change beacon.

Hello. I wonder sai you could modify the files of the original fairing lights Seneca V. In the original files of the aircraft comes only three files. It seems that the other; strobe, beacon, etc, lights are hidden. I copied some files to the .cfg but Redux beams taxi and landing lights are off site. I can not change beacon.

Not hidden, incorporated into the .mdl file and cannot be changed.

Sorry, I've been busy with other stuff.  I took a brief look at the 404 and didn't find the DME either.  Perhaps I'd have to get it from another airplane...dunno.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Also at 80% cruise power 30"MP 2400 prop 24gph you will get 175ktas true 187kts GS

You mean 175 indicated and 187 true. Ground speed is related to relative winds.

Anyone able to tune the ADF?

Why in the 21st Century do you want to use an ADF? 

Or maybe people just need to understand that Carenado is one of those companies that produces "lite" aircraft and should stop expecting in depth system models from them. I mean if they have released 25+ aircraft and not one of them goes very in depth with systems why are people assuming Carenado is the one doing something wrong? Maybe everyone else is just misunderstanding what Carenado is advertising. As much as I would love to see Carenado release some aircraft with in depth systems I understand that they are clearly not interested in that.

As for bugs, every aircraft released will have bugs. Even companies like PMDG, Majestic, or [insert your favorite company here] produce aircraft that have bugs on their first release. As long as they are addressing them and fixing them in a timely manner I have no issues with that company.

What's interesting to me, is the number of simmers who seem to have intimate real world knowledge of the aircraft Carenado produces. To the point of the minutia of systems operations, that only a real world pilot would know. I could understand if we were dealing with strictly 172's and Cherokee's, and perhaps in this case I could somewhat understand a Seneca. But when that level of knowledge extends into the Malibu's, TBM's, and the various Carenado business jet models, I tend to raise my BS flag. I find it hard to believe there's that much of an intersection between what is two relatively small communities. Is there that many old corporate pilots or rich owner/pilots with busted medicals, getting their jollies with FSX?

Good morning everyone.

It took a while without entering the forum and without flying in the simulator. I made a flight yesterday and I could notice that in the PDF, the weather radar does not work.

Which may be due? Has it happened to someone else?

You mean 175 indicated and 187 true. Ground speed is related to relative winds.

Why in the 21st Century do you want to use an ADF? 

Two good reasons:

(1) Because they are still in use in plenty of places around the planet. 

(2) Because it's provided in the aircraft and therefore should work.

One gripe I have is when I use FS Real time I lose the left screen on the G600 and it's driving me up the wall is there anyway to fix it so that it doesn't happen?