Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Just Flight Dc3 On Offer For 72 Hours - Any One Got This?

Too bad it's only on Sim Outhouse. Oh well, I think I'll stick to the Uiver. It's fantastic.

Excited about the upcoming VC though, that looks amazing. Hope he'll make some progress.

Tore,

"Too bad it's only on Sim Outhouse."

Just wondering, what's the problem there?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

There's no problem with Sim Outhouse itself. I think a more precise question would be why is the package only available there and not, say, on Avsim?

Thanks!  I was talking about the Just Flight Bird which was released before that company made a sharp commitment to far more detailed sims (like the Canberra which is excellent - I hope the re-done TriStar is just as good...)

Agree about the Canberra (it's excellent) and am equally hopeful about the Tri-Star.  The DC-3 had some good things about it (there were some nice rattles in the soundset) but overall it wasn't nearly on the level of their most recent stuff.  I like the direction they're going in.

I would check out the Uiver DC-2.

+1.  It's great, especially with the most recent update, which gives you the 3D VC.  Careful with the engines - they're really temperamental - and the gear doesn't like being lowered at too high a speed.

I think the failure programming shares some common features with Manfred's C-47 - not sure - it might just be that the interfaces (Shift+2 panel) are similar).

There's no problem with Sim Outhouse itself. I think a more precise question would be why is the package only available there and not, say, on Avsim?

Can't speak for Manfred and his team, but one possible advantage of having it only on Sim Outhouse is to concentrate the product support all in one place, as opposed to having it spread all over.  But I'm not sure about that - it might just be that he wants to give something back to that (very good) community.  In any case, I'm not sure what the issue is with its only being available there.  It's not like it's hard to get at - just follow the links in my post #4 above and download it.  No cost, no harm, no foul, no hardship....  B)